It's been awhile. Post those projects!

When searching for copper sulfate lots of pool stuff came up, apparently it’s a pond dye and algaecide. I found toolboys bottle on Amazon tho so just ordered that

it is also used in ZEP drain cleaning I believe…in the USA…

3 Likes

Well…thanks…but up close there are some small issues…and one small piece had to be welded back on…missed a fine cut that was too thin…it was done on 11gauge HR…

2 years and lots of time on the forum has helped…

4 Likes

Haven’t seen my sister in a while. Wanted to give her somthing made
Is about 9 inches tall

5 Likes

Quick sign for a customer, gonna be flat black, raised mount with LED backlight

3 Likes

This is a commission I made for Father’s Day.

offered a few different colourways and ended up with raw P&O with clear and totally raw with clear.

IMG_20220720_195910

IMG_20220720_195906

IMG_20220720_195904

Made in fusion 360 with both regular bodies and sheet metal bodies

10 Likes

Awesome work, what kind of mount are you using there? I see the flat screwdriver head, but the other side seems almost like a nutsert with a flat bottom?

They’re a leather working screw together rivet.
I’m not sure what the name is.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0839DQJQN/ref=sspa_mw_detail_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9kZXRhaWw&th=1

41zPmIpzSKL.AC_SY580

3 Likes

Yea I went hunting and found something similar “binding pairs” for leather working, ordered a bunch as I’ve had an idea in my head for sign hanging for a bit now but needed something like this to use for attaching the mounts

That sign looks ridiculously good btw, the cuts and the design are great

1 Like

This is an image of a wedding event venue. Customer wanted a replica sign of it. Customer intends to paint it.

7 Likes

Where’s the carriage at?

Well, I was so freaking tired of drawing just getting done what I did. Lol, I might do a separate cut out of carriage in the future to attach in a manner to give it a 3d look.

Man! That’s definitely Fairy Tale Land!

Just wanted to bust your balls a little…

Binding screws, Chicago screws or my favorite, Sex screws. And no, I did not make that up :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I saw “architectural sex screws” while searching for them lol

Also here’s me testing lighting for this sign

4 Likes

Found this stuff by Rustoleum and I really love it.
In 24hrs it dries to a tough vinyl-like finish (smells like rubber). Here are two 16g plasma-cut specimens for my Land Rover, a Cup-holder and a Radio/Switch-panel (steel and alu respectively) coated with it.

8 Likes

Some good progress:

10 Likes

Question: if you replace EVERY blooming part on the vehicle, is it the same vehicle???

Something to contemplate as we drool over the ‘thing’… :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Answer: That’s why we were very careful, NOT to replace every “blooming” part :rofl: :beers:

1 Like