It's been awhile. Post those projects!

Did you post your Gooseneck Die CAD file somewhere? Thanks, Craig

1 Like

Sign I made for brother for Christmas. The center section is the outline of the sandpoint were he has a vacation home. The star marking the location of his place. Made from 16g Stainless. Then used a palm sander down to 3000 grit sandpaper. If I had to do it over again I’d switch the Sand Point with the Est. 2015

3 Likes

Good thing you explained this! I thought… well, never mind :grimacing:

1 Like

I had some thoughts too…

That cut out should be one of the Rorschach plates.

2 Likes

Had to look that up!
It was time consuming to hand trace that in cad.

1 Like

IMG_20211202_035323
IMG_20211202_035331

Made these dire wolf profiles for a local blacksmith.

It is about as small as I can cut details wise in 1/8 currently.

5 Likes

Pretty clean cuts! Good job!
Nice that you have a relationship with a Blacksmith. That should reap all kinds of interesting projects.

1 Like

Craig, here is the DXF for the gooseneck. It will require a riser on the end posts if using a Swag finger brake press since I made these longer than theirs. I’ve cut 20 of these and welding them in groups of 4, 8 and 8. I think the better method might be to add through bolt holes in the file and squeeze them together with an all thread. I have cut these out of 1/4" plate. I have no easy way of handling thicker stock.
gooseneck die v1 radius.dxf (11.1 KB)

Thanks John, I’ll give it a try.

Here’s a follow-up the blacksmith did his thing and this is what it looks like now.
I’m not sure what it’s attached to still hopefully he’ll give me a picture of the entire piece

This is his web page.
http://reforgedironworks.com/

3 Likes

Nice. My PM10-54 will hopefully ship next week. Cant wait to get it.
How do you like it so far. Have you got to use it much?

cool! …fire poker maybe?

The mill?.. Yeah, love it! Use it every week
But your 1054 is going to be like a Stretched Limo :rofl:

Been plugging away making Christmas presents and such.

2 Likes

One

more

3 Likes

Super cool! I actually have a project I’m doing that’s actually the front view of a Factory 5 Cobra and to add in the detail I wanted to burn lines in like you did on Poo. That’s a great technique! I’m still struggling in Fusion. I got quite a bit done and it’s laying out great… just have a handful of I’m sure simple things I’m not doing yet.

This will be my first burn (full project) on my CF Pro once i get it figured out.

I seen those lines on Poo and had to comment! Cause I know that’s one of those areas I’m still stumped on how to do in Fusion. Lol

I feel compelled to point out that it’s ‘Pooh’, not ‘Poo’. Anyone who has raised children will understand the difference :wink: (not to mention the cringe factor)

2 Likes

not to mention Winnie the Pooh is actually started after a Canadian black Bear bought by a British soldier…

again more useless information provided by Toolboy

2 Likes

Oh no! This is very useful information! I’ll be sure to pass it on to my 3 year old granddaughter! I’ll mention your name. Thanks!
BTW, she is one of the reasons I know the difference between the two… :nauseated_face:

Sounds like you’ve played everyone’s favorite game, chocolate or poo!