It's been awhile. Post those projects!

Don might be shy and does not want the attention. Maybe just THE FONT!

1 Like

Wow nice Job on the bridging, Thank you

1 Like

I haven’t made my own font. I had to name the zip folder to put the .ttf inside to post it. I have others videos I started to make so we can link them for new users. I use loom.

1 Like

Students in my ag machinery class got started on building a winch bumper. In two class periods the winch plate portion is finished and ready for the outer shell to be bent and welded.

9 Likes

You have some very lucky students.

And, I see your new plasma cutter!

2 Likes

Had some fun today doing a burger press from fileshare. Appreciate Chris K. sharing it.

https://www.langmuirsystems.com/fireshare/burger-press

8 Likes

Id let that soak in vinegar over night and remove the mill scale then season with some cooking oil and bake it.

2 Likes

I feel like you just want to prolong my burger pressing experience… No patience for using vinegar on this today. Straight to muriatic acid bath with a chip brush to apply on mill scale near the handle… Its in the oven now with sunflower oil. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

How dare i assume that you were ignorant of the power of muriatic acid kind sir.Press on!!!

2 Likes

Just finished building a log splitter for my uncle, it’s functional but I’m not crazy about the looks. Anyhow, it’s 3 videos 20-25 minutes each so if you’re bored give them a watch!

It was a particular adventure trying to install an electric start kit on the Predator engine…

6 Likes

Thats good info on the valve cover being an ID of the two motor types. Great project!

1 Like

That should be a log splitter in the fall and multi bender the rest of the year!

1 Like

Always impressed and appreciative that someone takes the extra effort to document/show the process. Thanks!

1 Like

Those three videos are about 70ish minutes long in total, I left about 55 hours of video on the cutting room floor. This is honestly why it takes me so long to get videos out, the editing of that much video is a bit rough and some of these projects have a way of stretching themselves out. This one for instance took a couple of extra weeks just to sort out all the electric start stuff. It’s worth it in the end, doing the projects is fun even working around a tripod.

5 Likes

Root rake for my JD 350 Bulldozer.

9 Likes

Complete service and recalibration of the Crossfire over the last two days, and now using a little, used, $47 Dell Latitude 7280 laptop as the Mach3 controller. Made a couple bits for the cave while at it, to test it out.

6 Likes

Boss is of course away! :rofl: :rofl: :beers:

5 Likes

Wow! …COOL! Is that 3/4" stock for the teeth on that rake? I never ventured that thick! :crazy_face: :beers:

2 Likes

1-1/8" for the shanks, but its three 3/8" plates welded together. You cant see it in the picture but I have slots in the shanks that let me get extra weld. I also beveled all edges and fully welded down them.

2 Likes

I like the door knob. do you take that off your mill when your ready to leave at night? :joy:

1 Like