Issues with RazorWeld 45 cutting

:grimacing:. Nice knowing you!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Yeah for sure​:skull_and_crossbones::skull_and_crossbones:

2 Likes

We had a similar problem. We contacted Langmuir directly and they helped us out. Great support. We had a bad cable and they were able to walk us thru to fix that. Since you’re just getting started out, we also have the RazorWeld 45 and it can be hard to find consumables. We get ours here. I am sure they are probably available other places too. jems(dot) store / plasma-cutting

My best advice, (as I ran into issues before posting on the forum, ever), was to fall back on the set up instructions. Simple things missed will blow you away. Crossed wires on the Z axis? Best to be patient and follow it back. It sucks, but retracing your steps while being pissed sometimes makes you go, “Ahh F!” But, if it doesn’t, then you have a case for a system failing. Then get that new component on warranty.

Mine were never electrical, so to say, but I missed details that did affect parts of the built. I’m not going to question your aptitude in any way, but I swear, missing something happens! Lol that said, grounding-wise, I ground on slats with slag build-up every day. That isn’t a factor. Unless the unit is junk.

1 Like

PlasmaDyn. Out of Missouri. Try ‘em.

Yeah I will definitely have to go back thru and check everything again. Thanks

Cool. Give it a shot, with a bit of patience. Langmuir will make stuff right if it’s what they made, in six seconds flat. But, if it’s a Jasic thing, I can’t vouch for what kinda stuff you’d have to do nor wait through. You can buy a new Silverado that burns oil and they try to say its “normal consumption,” lol. I’d just say make sure you know for SURE.

Sounds frustrating and I wish I was there to say, “oh!” Like I know the thing. But, I’d say exhaust doing the backward crap, just to make sure.

My story, is I put one of the Y-axis lead screws into the X. Lol

1 Like

Watching with interest. Similar failure modes since 2019.

There is a button on the Razorweld 45 that illuminates one of two different modes, I cant say I remember what they are. I feel like it needs to be set in the right mode. Could you have a problem here? I need to find my instruction manual to tell you more.

I’m not sure if you’ve fixed your issue yet, but I had a similar problem. There are two plugs at the bottom right side of the front of the Razor cut 45. They have at times been swapped by accident during the manufacturing process. Once I swapped those, I had no more problems.