Issues with Pro / 62i

Everlast 62i with the Pro table. Wired as raw voltage. Fresh consumables for many different tests.

Back story:

1.5 year ago, table seemed to work (what i thought) pretty good. With all the parts I burned through it, about (qty) 2 4’ x 5’ sheets. And about maybe (off/on) 3 months of use to equal the amount of material stated above.

We had to move, so table was taken to a friend’s shop for storage and possibly the ability of using but with the move and other life happenings i only burned out one part (which seemed to be of decent cut quality). Then i moved to table to my basement awaiting a place to get setup again.

Fast forward to 3 weeks ago, i setup the table, squared, leveled, and cleaned everything. I then tried to burn a part out of 1/4" (0.25") and it was not wanting to cut through as well as possibly the torch potentially not clamped tight enough. Changed a couple consumables and fixed the issues with a 3D printed clamp setup for a better but temporary fix. Got the 1/4" part burned out pretty decent on the 2nd setup.

Then, picked up the table and moved it 15 feet deeper into the location and I have been battling bevels, not cutting through, THC moving up and down with relative voltage readings to compensate. I’ve been through 5-6 full changeout sets of consumables, and ran through tech support diagnostic procedures.

I have talked with Langmuir tech support as well as Everlast tech support in which this 2 week battle has got me leaning towards a couple ideas for fixes. However, I would like to see if anyone can add a couple comments.

1. Why did the 1/4" burn out halfway decent and not my test pieces of 2.5" discs, which were 15 feet away?
  2. I am meticulous with keeping my equipment clean, wiped, and lubricated(when needed).
  3. If you ask about air quality, my air situation has not changed since i was able to get a good 1/4" part before the big move. So i am pretty confident that air is not the issue now as it has been the same.

Please if you are going to comment, i hope its constructive.

Thank you for reading and helping if you decide to add a comment.

First…welcome to the Langmuir forum…

this is not like Facebook…we are all constructive here…you will not get posers…
what we do ask is if we ask a question you reply with the answer and what the result is…

I own a Pro Table with a 62i…so we are similar…

is your raw voltage wired into the CNC port or is your raw voltage wired into the terminal lugs inside the case near the front?

What makes you say your air is good?..have you actually checked your air system for issues…drianed tank…changed filters…desiccant beads are in good shape?..have you added or changed anything in your air system…longer hose…couplings?

Everlasts are very sensitive to moisture…I know as I went from 500 pierces to over 1500 on 11 gauge by really building an air drying system.

do you have the air volume needed…what type of air system do you have?

Bevels are often a indicator of the actual cut height is too high…have youtaken a set of feeler gauges and measured the height you are cutting at?

2 Likes

Thank you @toolboy.

I will be more than happy to respond back and report back when needed to resolve, thank, and clear up any confusion that I may have caused.

Raw voltage - yes, it is wired to the lugs. I believe from a recommendation I saw you posted back when I assembled the table upon receiving my shipment.

Air - I mention is good as I did not ever have an issue with air before when I ran it upon first setup. The only change in air is: 1.5 years ago I had two 20’ rubber air hose extensions between compressor and plasma/table. Was the setup perfect? No. But it worked well for what I had at that time.

Air system - 30 gallon compressor. Out of compressor outlet 120 psi, then readjusted to 74 psi just before entering plasma.

Bevel / cut height - I have been through tech support and we turned off THC, removed/added lines of code to single out probable issues(adjusted cut height in gcode once actual height was off), used feeler gauges to set cut height to 0.06-0.065.

1 Like

ok…
nice to see you have measured…good start
wired to lugs…yup best option…nice…and thanks

but I think I see a bit of a possible issue…

Everlasts come with a regulator to be mounted on the back of the unit…and a short clear hose from the regulator to the plasma itself…

I have seen amny people do what you are doing…have a regulator feeding the regulator on the back of the plasma…this causes delay and low pressures.

comminbg off your compressor you should be feeding 90-110psi to the regulator on the back of the plasma…

then you should be able to maintian 60PSI on the front of the Everlast by adjusting the regulator on the back of the plasma…I do not know where you are adjusting to get 74 PSI…

could you post a picture of the electrode and the tip so we cansee what they look like please

1 Like

@toolboy
I am running air hose out of compressor with regulator set at 115-120 downstream with a 5’ hose whip into regulator on plasma set at 74 psi (approx) as that is what i can get the front of plasma to say 65 psi.

Here is the consumables last installed with a few tries of my 2.5" disc with not good results.

@HISproject Welcome to the Forum :tada:

Thanks @TinWhisperer

1 Like

What happened to the cap in the picture? If any of those air passages are damaged or plugged, it will result in beveled cuts.

Can you post some pictures of the cut results?

Can you upload the g code file for the failed cuts here?

Thabk you @ds690

That cap was when i installed after the 15 foot machine replacement. The torch was cutting from what looked like 5/8" above the material.

I will post pictures as well as submitting some code.

Thank you for the reply.

(v1.6-af)
(0.25 Plate Qty 4)
G90 G94
G17
G20
H0

(2D Profile1)
G0 X1.2794 Y1.5136
G92 Z0.
G38.2 Z-5. F100.
G38.4 Z0.5 F20.
G92 Z0.
G0 Z0.02 (IHS Springback + Backlash)
G92 Z0.
G0 Z0.125 (Pierce Height)
M3
G4 P1.
G0 Z0.063 (Cut Height)
H1
G1 X1.2564 Y1.5635 F44.
G3 X1.1936 Y0.8865 I-0.0314 J-0.3385 F44.
G3 X1.2564 Y1.5635 I0.0314 J0.3385
G1 X1.2246 Y1.5187
H0
M5
G0 Z1.

(2D Profile2)
G0 X0.9759 Y2.5013
G92 Z0.
G38.2 Z-5. F100.
G38.4 Z0.5 F20.
G92 Z0.
G0 Z0.02 (IHS Springback + Backlash)
G92 Z0.
G0 Z0.125 (Pierce Height)
M3
G4 P1.
G0 Z0.063 (Cut Height)
H1
G1 X1.0111 Y2.4591 F47.
G2 X1.4389 Y-0.0091 I0.2139 J-1.2341
G2 X1.0111 Y2.4591 I-0.2139 J1.2341
G1 X1.0301 Y2.5107
H0
M5
G0 Z1.

M30
(PS47)

I have adjusted the IHS springback amount to zero by going into the code editor and setting it at zero, as fusion seems to add this 0.02 in relation to the post processor no matter the setting I use.

Also the feeds have been adjusted down to 28 and that doesn’t clean up the cuts (which in past I uploaded another 0.25" plate program I performed on the table and it cut out just fine - with some issues but not like these current issues.)

Cut height seems to be the issue, based on your statement that it looks like it’s 5/8" above the metal.

Can you post a picture of the Z axis assembly with the Torch jogged down close to the metal? I want to make sure your Z axis isn’t bottoming out and triggering the IHS early

The springback thing is common to both Fusion and Sheetcam. The post processor adds .020", so I just reduce my cut height by that amount

1 Like

For some reason I want to lean towards the machine torch head being finicky.
I will post a couple pictures as soon as I get to the location of table/setup.

I have (with some help after I performed most of what was being recommended) already tried THC disable, IHS inspection in relation to mechanical movement or limiting thresholds. I have also checked the torch Z travel down to material, started the program (disabled the torch fire in gcode) and stopped the program to verify with feeler gauges that the cut height is appropriate, and it needed the 0.02 drop as we stated above.

Best case so far (with pictures coming here as soon as I get there) has been arc cuts all the way through, with reduced IPM and re-verified cut height. The part was 95% cut out and oblong holes, and with unseen before very bad bevel that acts like a torch lean.

sorry for being away…you have moisture in you air for sure.
those black swirls are a sign of moisture and only after a few cuts…

1 Like