Issue with toolpath

ive tried everything i know to do and still cannot get the toolpath to generate in a portion of my completed part.

was hoping to see if any of you had any ideas on how to get the toolpath going.

you have some open lines it looks like…you need to post the file…so someone can help look at it…

that is why I hate fusion…

forgive my ignorance, but what file is needed?

you could post your drawing file for us to look at…help find your problem

new.dxf (404.7 KB)

well…I opened it in inkscape and I get 799 line segments…that means you have 799 independent lines…from what I see…

I do not know fusion at all…so I do not know how to fix this for you…

but when I also go to sheetcam this picture shows all the unjoined lines…

there are many great guys here who know fusion and know how to fix this with you…

@jamesdhatch
@Fortifyfabworks

I opened that in both FreeCad and Sheetcam and fixing that would be more work than drawing it from scratch. There is a double line around the house, lots of unconnected lines, extra lines, etc. What program did you use to design it? This is a case where a program like Inkscape is a better option than a parametric modeling program.

1 Like

Lots of over run lines. These are just some examples.

1 Like

I did use Inkscape and exported the dxf to fusion lol

Yeah, I noticed
I extruded it and it seemed like it worked to create the part but then tried to creat the toolpath and I got nowhere

I have tried to export from Inkscape as DXF and import into Freecad and it doesn’t work very well. All of the lines come in as unconnected line segments. It must have something to do with not being designed in a parametric program with constraints. This is where it pays to export in SVG and use Sheetcam for toolpaths.

If you want, export it as an SVG and I can post process it for you in Sheetcam.

You are making things really hard for yourself by going from inkscape…to dxf…to fusion…to firecontrol…

you should stay in inkscape…and export SVG into Sheetcam…so much easier…

Look…if you want to really get this done…message me your email address and I will send you mine…I will see what the SVG looks like from my end…and see what I can do for you…

1 Like

I’m open to trying, I’m just not familiar with anything other than fusion.

sheetcam works so much easier for postprocessing …

t you need to go into inkscape and follow every line in the drawing…and check for closed lines…by going into edit nodes setting…

that picture of dots shows every open line or problem…

While its easy to say sheetcam works so much easier which it does for the most part but with a file like this if opened in sheetcam it will give a cut path but it will look like shit because it won’t offset any of the open paths plus it will cut all the overrun lines.

1 Like

I agree completely…but I find it can clearly identify issues to fix

where the arc meets the corners of the letters, it’s not attached. Drag line a little to see the gap and connect the nodes and it should fix it

Not sure what’s up with Fusion lately , but noticed that it doesn’t like sharp interior corners very much especially on the left portion of Designs. I put your drawing into 360 and cleaned a few overdrawn lines ,re-radiused your high lighted area and CAM returned clean.new.dxf (402.7 KB)

2 Likes