Is this normal for consumable wear?

Yeah George knows the specs for what he sells for sure. I’m curious to hear what the OPs air setup is. For how bad it looks it’s like he’s running the plasma off diesel exhaust with mud injection.

No offense OP, just being funny. We’ve all had air issues.

2 Likes

im actually laughing right now… i honestly havent put much into air quality and i know its pretty big.
i have the separator/regulator that came with the machine and a separator /regulator on the compressor. doesnt have any oiling or anything like that. i also have an ingersol rand dryer that is currently not functioning (freebie) plumbed in but again not functioning.
im looking to get the motorguard filter some desiccant and a copper cooler setup but i dont have any wall space to mount it which sucks because i already have all the material to make it from jobsites

Have you ever drained your air compressor tank? Should crack drain valve for a few seconds at least once a day ,see how much water is in tank.

yes i drain the tank manually most days… i also have a popoff type drain that cycle each time the compressor cycles.

How / why did you end up with a iptm60 for your 82i ? Why not a iptm80?

I always found it odd that in the everlast 62I, 82I, 102I manual they choose to skip listing the iptm60 torch.

Maybe a pilot arc issue as well as water issue?

60amp is the top range for the 1.1mm (50-60A) Tip (nozzle)

Please let us know about the progress with your air system

A lot of people like to use the PTM 60 torch on the 82i because they can get finer cutting tips 20,30 and 40 amp. The PTM 80 consumables start at 50 amp and that don’t work that well on 20 gauge metal cutting signs.

Note: Don’t get confused here. Tecmo makes the PT torch’s. Innotec makes the IPT torchs. But there is also the Chinese copys calling their torch’s PT and IPT.

1 Like

I did :man_facepalming:

1 Like

I definetly will… im in the process of ordering parts for an aftetcooler and building a copper line cooler as well from spare parts I have laying around

If you don’t have wall space you can’t mount it around or directly to the compressor itself if you have a standing tank to save room

I Built it in the staggered layout I talked about in another post. So I’ve added IR moisture seperator the copper line cooler an IR filter, a motor guard filter and I just got the aftercooler but haven’t plumbed it yet nor have I gotten the fittings I will need.

So the setup goes IR water trap>copper line cooler>IR filter>line set across the shop>harbor freight regulator and water trap. Then the motor guard filter and another water seperator that is attached the plasma table only

I have my refrigerated dryer above my compressor and my Motorguard filter above that. When the air leaves the tank it goes into a U shaped 20 foot of black pipe with a drain at the bottom then to the dryer then to the Motorguard. And on to the plasma which has a particulate and desiccant filter. The Motorguard filter cartridge is always dry and looks new.

So you use the motor guard on everything in the shop? It last a long time?

Yes it’s feeding everything. I have a Skatblast cabinet that needs dry air too and air nailers benefit also.

It lasts a long time if your air is dry.
Motor Guard is an air filter, not a dryer.

3 Likes

Added all this crap literally no change… anyone have any ideas?

Where are you getting your consumables from?

Is there a chance you go to batch of consumables where the hafnium emitter it’s not properly seated in the electrode so it cannot dissipate heat the copper like it’s supposed to?

Or is your pilot arc never turning off?

The damage to the nozzle is from the electrode expulsion.

1 Like

What is the air pressure at the torch? Looks like you need to replace all the parts on end of torch, looks to have overheated and destroyed retainer cap and probably the swirl ring as well.
What thickness is material you cut and the machine settings?

Took the words out of my mouth, I would install a gauge here and then set up a camera to watch it while you make your cuts.

Definitely a lot of things going on with the looks of pics…