Is my compressor sufficient for RW45?

So I’m in the process of getting my table setup and just want to verify if my compressor I’ve had for a while will be sufficient or if I should replace it:

I’ll be running the RazorWeld 45 plasma from Langmuir

33 gallon, 150 psi, 6.4 SCFM @ 90 psi

Is this going to limit me in any way? I have the ability to get an 80 gallon, 2 stage, 175 psi, 12.6 SCFM @ 90 psi compressor for $500 used locally in case my current one isn’t enough I feel like this one would easily handle it.

Thanks can’t wait to cut

it will work…but it will run very hard and create a lot of water condensation in the tank…take my word for it…you will have to give it a break every 10 minutes of cutting time and put a fan on it…it could overheat and shorten it’s life span.

if you can afford the other one…go for it…better to have more air than not enough or failure halfway through a job

I recommend for a CNC table at least a 60 gallon 3 1/2 hp 240 volt compressor.

Hand cutting you can get by with a smaller compressor.

1 Like

Alright I appreciate the tips I’ll try to grab the other ones and use it instead

I actually made out even better. 6.5hp, 2 stage 175psi, 80 gallon and 17.4scfm @100 psi. Only $500 too

Definitely think this think can handle it.

1 Like

Yes, that should be able to handle anything in your shop that need air.

1 Like

you can run a lot of equipment at once with that baby!!!

That one will do Fine with the larger one.
I have a similar 7.5Hp 80Gallan tank works good on my Lotos Cut60D.
I killed a 30Gallon 5 HP unit on my table year before last.

That is for refrigeration compressors?

I think this guy is spamming us.

Second weird okmart link ive has seen.

1 Like

Yea weird link, seems spammy

But since it’s posted, I’ve almost got my air setup finished, and have now gotten an old Saylor Beall compressor from the 70s. The thing is a monster pushing 17.2CFM @ 175psi. It had a 3-phase motor which I’ll sell and 80 gallon tank.

Got it free, my dads company was clearing their warehouse and was going to throw it out.

So I’ll use my pump that I just bought until I do a mini restore of this new Saylor Beall setup, and then sell of this other one.

It would be logical that the size compressor you need is a function of your cut duty cycles and the number of these cuts in a given interval. Look at the specs on your plasma cutter for how many SCFM/min it requires. Multiply that by the duration of your cuts in a min. If it exceeds your compressor SCFM, then you need a bigger compressor, or reduce the cut duty cycle.