IPT-80m only fire win touching the work surface

hello, i have the Everlast 82i with the machine torch. I have been cutting some reclaimed 12ga metal for about two months and all have been fine until about, I was cutting some towel holders and after the first circle cut it plunged and did not fire, i tried the cut again same thing, there have been know changes in settings or component’s except for consumables. The machine will only fire if it is directly contacting the metal, the ground is connected to the cutting surface the air pressure is set to 75psi from a 90psi source machine is on a 50amp breaker im lost at his point any help will be appreciated

Take off the nozzle cap and make sure that you can push up on the electrode.
It should move freely up and down. Spring loaded… Also make sure you are not clamping down on the torch head with the holder.

1 Like

FingerOnElectrode
Also, don’t fire Plasma while doing this… :grimacing:

3 Likes

Yes, unplug it before you attempt this. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Everlasts need 30 seconds minimum of post flow cooling atfer all cuts…failure to do this can result in a warped and damaged torch head…I know…it has happened to me.

1 Like

Does the 82i have the same pilot arc fuse as the 52i? If so check that. That was my issue at least when I only got an arc while touching the metal.

2 Likes

I second that. That needs to be checked.
Very possible…

Just wondering if you got it sorted out?
Please let use know.

2 Likes