Introducing the ARCFLAT Modular Cast Iron Weld Fixture Table - Now Available

Been waiting for these!!!Good thing I just paid off affirm.I got two coming with bolt and leg kit.

not fairā€¦not fairā€¦I want one to!!..Mommy!!!

tantrum

3 Likes

no no 2 santa

1 Like

AlperNakri, what casters are you using? Assuming those donā€™t come with the factory legs.

since its made out of cast iron, will it crack or break if it falls over?

I donā€™t know what the ā€œcorrectā€ answer is but Iā€™ve seen the rule of thumb is 28" or belt buckle high when youā€™re standing but most welders I know have custom tables. A friend of mine is a longtime pro welder and he does a lot of detail work on precision mechanical parts so his table is sized so his arms are comfortably resting on the table top when he is seated at it.

But if you do a lot of larger work, that might not be right for you because you wonā€™t be sitting and resting your arms on the top, youā€™d be standing and you probably donā€™t want to have to spend a lot of time bending over so taller might be better. Or if youā€™re taller than about 5ā€™8" - 5ā€™10" you might want it taller too.

BTW, I have a set of those same casters you have on your table that Iā€™ll be using on my Arcflat. I was originally going to use them for the Pro but ended up going with 4" urethane wheeled casters. Theyā€™ve been sitting in a spare box for most of the year so itā€™s nice I can find a use for them :slight_smile:

2 Likes

its a Self Leveling Casters Heavy Duty, 1650 Lbs Per Set

1 Like

here is a neat idea

but I bet Cletus would come up with something that is remote controlled with geofencing automatic height adjustment and power and stress load monitored warning system

1 Like

Working on it! :rofl:

1 Like

Thanks AlperNakri Going to pick up a set for the two tables I ordered which I am going to join together.

Tell mommy the other kids have them. :wink:

Mine arrived today. Unhappy UPS driver. 150lbs of awkward. In the pouring rain.

They grunged up the bottom of the box but it looks like they broke through only where there were cavities in the table.

Second brown truck brought the legs. That box was in fine condition.

I havenā€™t opened them up yet as I never did clear a space for it in the garage but now Iā€™ll have to. Gotta get my starter set if 5/8" fab table accessories too.

This is going to be nice.

3 Likes

Now, arenā€™t you sorry you didnā€™t have it shipped to my place for storage???

1 Like

Ummmā€¦nopeā€¦nopersā€¦nope, nope, nope :wink:

I had this concern when I looked at the UPS Shipment Details. How do they get around OSHA single lift rules? :frowning:

It was labeled quite clearly that it was over 70lbs but it was just the driver and his hand truck. I think he just slid it off the back onto the hand truck and then walked it up onto my porch by turning it end over end. I expect he would have left it on the walkway except it was pouring rain.

It survived fine though. I opened it up today and checked it out. The undersurface shows the sand casting texture youā€™d expect. The top is polished smooth. It has evenly spaced striations the show in the polish but donā€™t look to be changes in surface height - I put a metal straightedge on it and looked for light under it anywhere and it seems like it is indeed dead flat.

Hey Guys sorry this is not the right link do not order this ! ( Iā€™m referring to my post earlier )

you need so it can be attach to legs

https://www.amazon.com/Skelang-Leveling-Retractable-Workbench-Capacity/dp/B07ZD1T5NW/ref=sr_1_18?dchild=1&keywords=Self+Leveling+Casters&qid=1607282562&sr=8-18

1 Like

Thanks for the updated link. Just got my table shipping noticed so fortunately I didnā€™t order the casters yet :slight_smile:

Just an fyi, You need to put the bolts in a heavier plastic bag. I am missing one bolt due to weak packaging. Not a big deal just a disappointment to have to go source a bolt on a 900 dollar table.

2 Likes

Good feedback. Iā€™ll second that my bag was also broken with loose bolts rolling around inside the box. Fortunately all stayed inside though.