Intermittent on off

Hey thanks for reading this. I am using the world map file from the Langmuir website. Here is what is happening. The program starts running. I can hear the clicking on and off but nothing happening other then the movement. Then it fires up. Skips in the middle of a cut. I’ve used this program before had some issues then but not like this. I have no idea what’s going on. Crossfire model

check the front of the cutter for a 2T/4T switch/button. should be on 2T.

It’s doing the same exact thing on either setting. I tried doing a video but wouldn’t let me upload it. It starts out and you can hear the switch turn on in the razorweld but nothing happens. About 5-7 seconds in the torch turns on. Then turns off.

I think it’s a bad file. I just did a simple “A” with drill holes and it cut it out. But does the air feed stay on. It doesn’t shut off (no arc running just air) for about 6-8 seconds.

Bottom pic razor set on 4T. Top pic set on 2T. So it’s turning on and off properly.

should always be set to 2T with cnc cutting. and yes the air will stay on for a few secs to cool off the tip.

1 Like

That makes total sense now that you say it. I thought I was doing something wrong. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

this is very important for people to remember…this is very critical for longevity of the torch…consumables…I run post flow air for 30 seconds after all cuts