Inkscape file issues

Anyone here good with inkscape?
I drew a file, saved it as an svg and it reopens it as a blank page. I also saved it as a dxf file and i was able to reload it ok, UNTIL i opened it in qcad and made some changes. Now it too opens as a blank screen in inkscape. User error? did I mess up a setting or something? I spent quite a lot of time trying to upload an SVG file to the forum last night, But they kept coming up blank.

The svg and dxf files don’t seem to like going back and forth. Why are you going to dxf from svg? Sheetcam loves svg files.

When I save the svg from inkscape. it’s empty.

Maybe try to go to document properties and increase the size of the document so your drawing will fit inside the box then save.

when you go to save from Inkscape…you have to be careful…there is Inkscpae SVG …and Plain SVG

save it in Plain SVG…then it will be visible to sheetcam or other programs

1 Like

Thanks, That solved 1 problem. but showed another 1. When I go to open the file back up in inkscape, the test is in the wrong spot. It won’t let me select the txt and move it back.
The problem I’m having is that I can’t go back and edit the file. Every time I make a mistake, I keep having to start over.

you need to start watching videos on youtube on inkscape…
break apart
ungroup
object to path
stroke to path
there is a steep learning curve…
then there is view…display mode…normal…outline…

1 Like

So Far I’m using qcad for most everything except tracing pictures. Downside is it wont save in an easy to share format.