Included motherboard drivers and software - necessary?

I’m relatively new to the custom computer scene and I have a question regarding the disc that motherboard manufacturers supply with their boards. Is it usually necessary to install all the utilities/drivers included on the disc to take full advantage of the features in BIOS? I ask because ASUS’s software is just so damned ugly! I installed it all once, decided it was just too chintzy, and reformatted my drive completely to get rid of any trace of it. But now I’m having second thoughts because I don’t know if not having the software will reduce the functionality of the board. Help? Any replies are greatly appreciated. Thanks. Oh, by the way, the board I’m talking about is the ASUS M4A79XTD EVO.

I think this forum is definitely the wrong place to be looking for answers to this problem. I would look on ASUS or, possibly, Newegg forums. Building a custom PC and properly installing an OS like Windows requires a lot of knowledge and support software, eg BIOS, Drivers, and custom OEM settings to do it right.

Linux is another story, but you won’t run CrossFire software on Linux.

1 Like

best gpu for ryzen 5 3400g But now I’m having second thoughts because I don’t know if not having the software will reduce the functionality of the board. Help? Any replies are greatly appreciated. Thanks. Oh, by the way, the board I’m talking about is the ASUS M4A79XTD EVO.

no response to this.

Apparently you didn’t read my response to this.

1 Like

@ TomWS thank you i got my solution