Impression of customer service?

Hey Yardie,

Thought I would let you know I did recieve shipping notice that my order #15081 is on its way this morning. We are a little different then most domestic sales as our order is coming in one complete package to avoid multiple customs fees etc. Looking at UPS website they do have there own internal customs brokers, so I am think I will recieve some type of bill from them before final Delievery can take place.

The wait is almost over!! Now fingers crossed there is no international issues.

2 Likes

Thats awesome. Im excited for you, but unfortunately I still have about 800 customers to go before mine get sent. :cry:
Keep us posted on how it goes and also the build.
Cheers
Ric

That’s savage !! Will be worth it tho… definitely will mate.

Hi Ric, Just to let you know my order is currently on its way from Langmuir and one thing that you need to make sure is correct is your contact details. Since placing my order with Langmuir i had to change my mobile number, so UPS could not contact me regarding the payment of Tax and Customs fees as they had my old number ! My Fault for not updating it with langmuir. I did email langmuir and they responded very quickly and passed the communication on to their UPS rep.

I actually ended up ringing UPS Australia on 131877 and made payment of the invoice via Phone.

1 Like

Thanks Jarrad. You must be so excited. Good to know that UPS handle the customs.

My shed is still half way through a re-wire and shuffle around or else I would be dying waiting for my table.

Cheers

Ric

Hey Smurfos, did you have to change the power supply in the Electronics box ? Or just plug in the AU power lead ?

Hey buddy,

There is a switch inside the control box you need to switch to be able to use in AUS. It’s actually a tricky switch to flip over. I did find a photo on this forum somewhere but not sure where. If you are struggling @langmuir-daniel is very good at helping out.

And also need to change the plug to suit Aus power socket.

Thanks mate, I’ll have a look at it tomorrow.

Your concern is valid. I think most people are quickly able to discern and dismiss the negative comments for what they are.