Impression of customer service?

this is from the FAQ, which was on their website way back when I preordered on day 1 for the Pro:

What type of support is offered with your machines?

Langmuir Systems offers lifetime support for your CrossFire™ CNC machine. We are available via email during normal business operating hours.

Nothing about phone support. Yet you persisted 5 times to go that route, which seems odd given when you go to the contact link on the website you are presented with a contact form for email support.
They even have this right there:

Please note this is for purchasing only. For support and technical questions please see the Support section below.

I guess the question I have is “Why is it so difficult for people to FOLLOW simple directions?”

I’m sure you can put it on Craigs list and sell it easy enough for cost. Please post back the machine you build and the cost, keep track of all the hours you spend on design and component shopping. It will be interesting to compare.

2 Likes

I never intended this to be a gripe session, I was just looking fro some info as I was not getting any up until I posted this. Are you saying I was wrong for making this post? I wasn’t getting any information any other way, whomever had received my email obviously didn’t want to respond and it had been six days since I had sent it. If you dont want something to go public, maybe you answer your customers when they send you an email so they dont have to go find an alternative. That being said, alot of companies would have deleted this entire thread by now. Kudos to Langmuir for keeping it up and being upfront about it.

So your solution is for me to return my table? I bought it for a reason. I despise the “Victim mentality” that so many have embraced. I am not a victim and never plan to be one. I simply pushed for answers when I wasn’t getting any the conventional ways…

I am sorry to hear that and hope the best for you. My wife left about a year ago and I am a single father of four now, Life never seems to go the way we think… My therapy is making things, It has been about the only think that has kept me sane through this (other than my kids, they are awesome) I look forward to adding a tool to my shop that facilitates this hobby. I understand how important something like this is when your life changes drastically.

Bad feedback is just as important as good feedback. This was a failure on the part of langmuir in communication, While I am thankful for them offering this table and it was well worth the money, This is an area they obviously needed to address. After the answers I was looking for were answered, I simply tried to get the point across that this should be something addressed as to avoid this in the future. Taking (and applying) constructive criticism is an incredibly important thing for a company. I do think it is important for a potential customer to see all of the facts regarding a purchase. I would have like to have known how long it was going to take, how the items were shipped, etc. It would have helped me shape my expectations when I purchased the table and at least understood that what was on their website was optimistic at best.

This is something that I do not understand, I do understand brand loyalty, but some people have come to Langmuirs defense like they are your best friend and someone has just insulted their mama’s honor. While I do appreciate what they have brought to the market and am very thankful for the ability to buy an affordable plasma table, They are a business and are not giving tables away for charity. No one is above failure and I dont understand the “rally around our brand” mentality. If they have failed on some level and other customers complain about it, I think they should hear out their customers and try to improve. Why is my right as a customer less than yours? I paid for my table as did you. I am not going to try and say you are wrong for extolling the virtues of the company, I actually agree with you on many of those points, but I also have the right to point out a problem when it arises. Its like the apple vs android debate, You have customers and “fan boys”. I am not going to lower my expectations of customer service just because they have offered something unique to the market, They are still making a profit. Some of these delays were not their fault. The lack of communication and outright ignoring an email is their fault. You control what you can as a business and Communication is something they could control and could do a better job at, otherwise this entire thread would have never happened.

My third box shipped out Friday and is expected to be here on Thursday this week. I look forward to getting this thing put together and making sparks! While I have had my criticisms I do appreciate the work Langmuir has put into these tables and offering an affordable CNC plasma table to hobbyists like me. I hope this is the worst part of the process and wish everyone the best going forward.

1 Like

That’s the majority from my experience over the past couple of years. There seem to be a few folks who have reported issues - I don’t know both sides of their stories so I tend to stay away from those threads. It’s not my or thousands of other’s experience so if true they’re outliers and don’t impact 90-something percent of folks. I try not to waste life-minutes on things I can’t change. If I were having the reported issues I’d be dealing directly or moving on. Too much I’d rather do than waste my time over a few dollars of savings.

Welcome to the group. Looking forward to seeing what you do with your Crossfire. I’d suggest taking a look at plasmaspider.com - lots of other good resources and their design forum has a ton of stuff to cut if you’re looking for more projects or inspiration. A $20 annual donation to the forum will allow you to download anything you find there.

1 Like

My arm was dented the same way. Honestly not a big deal for me so I didn’t mention it. But this may be something they need to address in their packaging going forward.

I am a social :butterfly:, and yes I have a shirt that says it :crazy_face: thanks Mamaturtle and Snow :beer: :hamburger:
I like to post good and bad, my latest “bad” was a help for a couple people…so win/win. And LS stepped up on the weekend and sent out replacement part.
I have been in manufacturing for 26 years, 15 as a machinist/tool maker, cnc mill,lathe, wire edm. As well as any other tool. Last 10 years I was purchasing manager as well as working with customer po’s , rma’s etc.

I know what my customers expect as the person making the part, checking the part and working with the customers hand on. I gave them that and they were happy, how do I know that?

The yearly customer surveys I sent out for iso, proved it as well as personal holiday cards

The last year I moved to quality manager, and deal now on a different level.

Why am I saying all this? :thinking:

Because in my eyes they have given me the service I have needed, simple.

I call Friday at 14:00 commifornia time :face_with_hand_over_mouth: and need a part shipped out…I don’t expect it to go out ups that day, that would disrupt shipping and everyone in the chain…so Monday will be fine. (Shipping/receiving 5 years)

BUT my business won’t go under if I miss the machine 1 week.

Enough…off the :couch_and_lamp:

1 Like

Smurfos, I too am in Aus and have been trying to find out if we need to do anything re customs in advance or just wait till delivery turns up and they contact you ? Bit hard to find any concrete info about this.
Have you done anything yet?
Regards
Ric

Crossfire Owners Map I know there is one or 2 in Aus that had received theres, If you look at the map you will see who if they added themselves.

Hey buddy, The items will be stopped at customs and GST on the value of the goods will need to be paid as well as customs fees before they will release the items. I am failry certain a company the size of UPS might have their on internal brokers that will deal with customs. I could be wrong ! You can appoint a Broker to take care of all of this for you. can be fairly $$$ tho. I am not getting too worried about any of that yet as my order still hasn’t been shipped.

Thanks for that. Ok i will just wait to hear from customs

Thanks Jimt, There are a couple on the map. I will get in touch with them if I have any probs when the time comes.
Ric

1 Like

Hey Yardie,

Thought I would let you know I did recieve shipping notice that my order #15081 is on its way this morning. We are a little different then most domestic sales as our order is coming in one complete package to avoid multiple customs fees etc. Looking at UPS website they do have there own internal customs brokers, so I am think I will recieve some type of bill from them before final Delievery can take place.

The wait is almost over!! Now fingers crossed there is no international issues.

2 Likes

Thats awesome. Im excited for you, but unfortunately I still have about 800 customers to go before mine get sent. :cry:
Keep us posted on how it goes and also the build.
Cheers
Ric

That’s savage !! Will be worth it tho… definitely will mate.

Hi Ric, Just to let you know my order is currently on its way from Langmuir and one thing that you need to make sure is correct is your contact details. Since placing my order with Langmuir i had to change my mobile number, so UPS could not contact me regarding the payment of Tax and Customs fees as they had my old number ! My Fault for not updating it with langmuir. I did email langmuir and they responded very quickly and passed the communication on to their UPS rep.

I actually ended up ringing UPS Australia on 131877 and made payment of the invoice via Phone.

1 Like

Thanks Jarrad. You must be so excited. Good to know that UPS handle the customs.

My shed is still half way through a re-wire and shuffle around or else I would be dying waiting for my table.

Cheers

Ric

Hey Smurfos, did you have to change the power supply in the Electronics box ? Or just plug in the AU power lead ?

Hey buddy,

There is a switch inside the control box you need to switch to be able to use in AUS. It’s actually a tricky switch to flip over. I did find a photo on this forum somewhere but not sure where. If you are struggling @langmuir-daniel is very good at helping out.

And also need to change the plug to suit Aus power socket.

Thanks mate, I’ll have a look at it tomorrow.

Your concern is valid. I think most people are quickly able to discern and dismiss the negative comments for what they are.