Imported Drawing Scale Not 1:1 from Fusion360

Hello there.
I cannot for the life of me figure out why when a drawing. Downloaded from Fireshare imported into SheetCam is not scaled 1:1 from what I saw when viewed in Fusion360. I’ve reviewed so many forum topics about this And none seem to actually solve my issue.

Case in point as an example:
Downloaded Matthew Russo’s Air Tool Holder (https://www.langmuirsystems.com/fireshare/air-tool-holder)
Opened in Fusion 360, removed some glitch lines & when measured shows the part should be 7-1/2"x18"
Saved as .DXF then imported the drawing into SheetCam

But no matter what “scaling” option is used (metric, inch or custom) the part is always significantly smaller than 7-1/2"x18 (eg 1.3"x2.4")

Please, someone tell me I am missing some, simple process here. That allos me to finally start working on my table while social isolation is keeping me home!

Are you “saving” the sketch as a dxf? Or are you exporting sketch to dxf?

I had the same issue because I was going to file>export. It works for me when I finish sketch, then in the part tree I right click on the sketch and select “save dxf”.

1 Like

Your a genius Hathaway13!
Your info to right-click the sketch “name” itself and select “Save as DXF” from three did the trick.
I was using the “file/export”. Didn’t know there was a right-click option under the file tree.

Knew it was going to be something simple. But just not intuitive (As Fusion 360 seems to excel at) :wink:

Thanks again!

1 Like

Glad it worked for you! Happy to share my learnings.

Not sure why export doesn’t do the same thing but I will leave that to software gurus.

1 Like

Hi Hathaway13 - I actually don’t have anything to say to you but THANK YOU!!! I’ve been having the exact same scaling issue as riderat and I knew there was a “simple” process I was missing. I don’t know why and/or how I just see that a work around has been provided… right click the sketch name and choose “save as DFX” totally solves the problem!

Now that langmuir is offering sheetcam for sale I think it would be a good idea for a tutorial video on this.I fought with this too till another user posted that you can save from the process tree.I still use fusion 360 for alot of design stuff but the cam is so frustrating so yeah I just draw what I want then save as a dxf and import into sheetcam.

1 Like

I have been having the same scaling issue and have been reading countless threads on the forum. I know this is an old thread, but when I try to do this it only lets me save as an admin file. Is there an updated work around anyone knows of by chance? Or maybe I am doing something wrong. (Which is most likely the case)

WHERE are you trying to save the file? You can’t save it to the root directory, but should be able to save it to any of your own personal folders.