Import or change G-code?

Hi all! Once you complete a drawing, manufacture it and send it to post process. Can you import it back to Fusion (I don’t think this is possible) OR manipulate the g code with NC viewer to cut a different gauge metal, and if so where at/what line? I suppose I can make 2 files the same different materiel and check differences?

Thanks!

From what I know to date…
if you have a drawing you can not take it from gcode and bring it back to a CAM and manipulate it.
just take your drawing and re-process it with new parameter’s and save it…

here is an example…not true cutting numbers…

flower for 1/8 material 45a 120ipm
flower for 16ga 30a 180ipm

Yeah that’s what I was afraid of. Pretty much all my drawings after I was done with them I just post process them turn them into a nc file. Ididn’t really see them as a drawing file. Bummer lol

Thanks for confirming.

You could try using g code ripper.

https://forum.langmuirsystems.com/t/take-a-peek-if-you-have-a-second/20882/6

It may not give you the results you want though

1 Like

I’ll check it out. Thank you.

I guess I process them because Fusion only lets me save 10 projects. I’m not seeing a way to save as a file.

Edit… that link didn’t work

Right click and archive files you are not using. you are only limited to 10 active files.

3 Likes

try this direct link to g code ripper

G-Code Ripper

2 Likes

G code ripper link :+1:

But the Fusion archive, killing me. I’ll have to wait till the lad wakes up (or till I wake him up) to do this action. They forced me to a MAC so they have to deal with me and my issues.

And I’ve tried both ways.

I will update later if and when it works. Mainly so I can come back and see how to archive when the sometimers kicks in.

MAC…it is export not archive
From data panel
Open my editable documents
Click file then export

2 Likes

You could export an f3d file as well and save them to your hard disk

2 Likes

I have the same view as @Sacco, no Archive option.

I would just add to your good advice, make sure you have the file open when you Export it.

This may seem obvious, but I’d hate for someone to lose their hard work with a mis-understanding. I ran a trial and if you just highlight the file name in the Directory panel at the left and Export, it only exports your blank sketch plate.

2 Likes

I’m just glad I wasn’t losing my marbles.

1 Like