I'm Looking for work

without getting into specifics, im looking for ideas to find work. I’m new to this. Getting a Crossfire XR. And im trying to get some wisdom for people with experience to help point me in the right direction.

First try Facebook. Join every local sales page you can find. It’s free and reaches a large crowd. You’ll need to cut some stuff to grab attention. The attention grabber probably won’t sell, but it will get people to read your ad. Keep the description short. You can say, “if it’s metal I can make it” then just list the things your willing to make. Fire pits, signs, trailer hitch covers, etc… Once you sell something, take a picture of it and post again on the sales pages with a picture of what you sold. I’ve sold a bunch of trailer hitch cover plates. I just weld them to a piece of 2” x 2” square tube. After a couple months of doing this, you will have enough of your items floating around and will see the “word of mouth” business start floating in.

Next thing, get on google and search for fencing companies in your area. Create an email with 5 or 6 images of fencing and railing panels. Send the email to all the fencing companies.

Next, find some trendy places around town that have a need for decorations or logo branding. I’ll get their logo off the internet and cut them a small sample. Hit the streets and introduce yourself.

Next, check if their are any diesel, or truck customization places around town. Go introduce yourself. Come up with a spill about what you can do.

Works out there, you just have to hustle.

4 Likes

I cant thank you enough. I will definitely put that advice to use

No problem. I had fears as I waited for the machine. I ordered it after losing my job. I’m always willing to share what I’ve learned and wish I would have been told. At least as long as you don’t live in the same town. Just play the numbers game. I start at 7am doing designs for 2 hours. Then the rest of the day I’m hustling, cutting, grinding and painting until 8pm. Then back inside to reply to messages and maybe a design. I eat once a day at night. Fucking sucks but you gotta grind to get to where you wanna be.

Work hard and everything else will fall in place.
Good luck

5 Likes

I think the key takeaway here is, you sir have a great work ethic. You don’t see that much anymore!

Good luck to you!

2 Likes

Have you used plasma cutters in past, familiar with using software for design/cam and have used cnc machines? If not, you need to get all this worked out before hand, it’s not plug and play start selling products right off the bat.
Every day is a school day when it comes to using cnc plasma tables and all the other things tied with table.

3 Likes