IHC Cable fell off while tramming the Z axis

Today I was setting up my Crossfire Pro and got to the tramming step. When I was turning the screw beneath to touch the bottom bearing, I hit the right hand cable. It promptly fell off (see photo). What should I do?

I am assuming I am going to have to dissasemble the Z axis to put it back. Plus it looks like it used a nut which is nowhere to be found.

Help would be appreciated from Langmuir customer support.

Thanks in advance.

You’re right. That nut is small and since it loosened so easily when I moved the wire (that is why I had to take mine apart in the first place) I put a small amount of blue loctite on it so it won’t do that again.

I sure love having a nut/thread sizing device for moments like that. They are expensive but sure limit the guessing when at the hardware store:

https://a.co/d/9ConbUs

1 Like

ChelanJim,

Its good to know it wasn’t just me.

Is it Chelan Washington? I grew up in Okanogan but now live where its warm. Hahahhaaa… too many cold winters.

Thanks for the suggestion on the size finder, i have it in my cart.

Thanks again

1 Like

Yes. Love the area in the summer: hot and dry with lots of cool water to get refreshed as needed. I don’t live there. We vacation there frequently but at a vacation home near Chelan. Chelan was out of our budget. We are on the Columbia River, 14 miles from the town of Chelan.

We have driven up to to Okanogan twice so I know what you are talking about.

1 Like