IHC bolt nut and bracket fell out! (SOLVED - Z-axis reassembled)

Anyone have a picture they can send me of the wiring for the ihc? Just got my pro set up and was running a test cut after running the programing for new machine. The small bolt, nut, brass bracket and a spring fell out the z axie block. I am attempting to put it back together correctly but also want to ensure i have the bracket in the correct spot. I know this is a hard ask due to no room to take a good picture. Thanks for all your help!

Sorry, I don’t have any pictures but I know exactly what you are talking about as I just took mine apart to tighten the electrical connecting screw on the left side just 2 or 3 days ago.

That upper part of the spring will fit up in a hole of the in the main z-bracket housing (not easy to see.) It seems to have enough friction to hold while you ease the lower part in an upward motion. But this is the tricky part: You need to compress the spring as you move it up and the lower part of the spring will ride on a little nub on that lower bracket.

Note: when I say ‘lower bracket’, that is the bracket that has all of the bearing guides attached.

While I was doing this, that spring fell out about 8 times so be patient and be prepared to hold in place while you add the bolts to hold the bearing guide. I had to totally remove the upper bearing guide on the left and loosen the the lower left bearing guide almost to the point of falling apart. There is not much room for tightening those bolts. It is very tedious. An extra pair of hands would be nice but I eventually got it together.

Note: All the adjustment is done on the right side bearings. I did not mess with those. If that is where yours are loose, you will need to adjust after it is secured.

I hope this makes sense. Let me know if it doesn’t.

5 Likes

Thank you for the well writen answer!

1 Like

Thanks again i am up and running now! Next step is to dial in my settings. Thanks for you time.

2 Likes