I have a THC problem and it has me stumped ( SOLVED )

When i make a cut of any kind the Zaxis has started to pulsate up and down anywhere from .050 to .100 or more it started doing this out of nowhere,if i turn THC off and set the cut height it cuts fine.Any ideas?
Thanks Dean

have you cleaned you Z axis system?
also look into all you plugs and that they are snug and sitting tight in the control box

Thanks,
I’ll check everything and get back.

can you post a pic of how your torch is mounted? it could be mounted too high in the mount to where the z axis bottoms out and hits the ihs switch prematurely so it resets itself.

Everything is clean and the torch is in the same place i set almost 2 years ago.and marked,i thinking it could be the FS360 software i’m going to draw the same file in sheetcam then run it and see if it still happens.

Still did it in sheetcam and in a straight line cut and new consumables,turn the THC off won’t do it.
Had the Z axis apart and cleaned it adjusted the guide rollers cleaned all electrical connections still does it.I’m not out of business can run it without THC but thats not ideal.

Have you changed anything that can cause electrical interference?

This might be a band aid but in the THC setup in fire control there is a setting for adjusting the voltage allowance. I think generally it is around 3volts. You might increase that a couple volts and see if it helps you.

Changed nothing in the electrical,I’ll look at fire control and check that and let you know .Thanks

Think back to were it started. What did you or has changed from the last time it worked. Only try one thing at a time. Changing two or three things can get you all out of wack. Check your work clamp and make sure it is clean and everything is tight.

2 Likes

Problem solved, I don’t know how but the nominal voltage was 122 volts instead of 0 V .
Cuts normal now.
Thanks for the help guy’s.

1 Like