I have a serious question,

How long does LS plan on supplying parts for the Crossfire, and Crossfire Pro?
I don’t use my table as much as most on here do, so my table is bound to last me many years. How long should I count on parts availability? Should I order a handful of leadscrew nuts and maybe an extra VIM module? Things like bearing holders, bearings, leadscrews, and the like I can make/machine myself. I can also source steppers, stepper drivers and a power supply. The Langmuir USB breakout board/THC module, leadscrew nuts and VIM module are specialized items. One could keep their table running for a very long time if they had those extra parts on hand.

It seems like you should include @langmuirsystems in the conversation…

Langmuir…no longer supports or provides parts for any table older that 6 minutes old…ahahahahahaha

now to the serious answer… @TomWS is correct…and since he has included them in his response I expect we will see an answer soon…

but based on the history and what I guess the direction Langmuir is going…I can see this for a long time yet…

From what I have read a lot of parts are pretty much available aftermarket items…then as time goes on…people wil sell of their old tables for parts…and so on…

1 Like

I think they way they built the table so cheap was because they used so many readily available parts. Pretty sure anything that could fail mechanically isn’t even made by Langmuir.

Now the THC electronics, different story probably.

2 Likes

So, yeah, um no answer @langmuirsystems? Thats nice. Maybe I need to email.

I do thank yall, Tom and toolboy.

Apologies must have missed this tag.

Our plan is to provide support for our products as long as we can. We don’t have any intention to stop providing replacement parts or support for any of our products. We still support and provide parts for original CrossFire machines from the first preorder batch and don’t have any plans to stop. Things may change or be upgraded over time but these aren’t products with an end-of-life date associated with them.

We are still growing as a company and have a few more awesome products up our sleeves so we aren’t going anywhere!

8 Likes