I cant post my G code in f360 to output folder (Solved- re-installed program)

I just finished putting a z axis on my crossfire. I also have not used it in a few years… so fusion has changed. When I go to create the G code after creating toolpath, I have everything done except I don’t have the post button. It is Step A14 in their Firecontrol with Z axis. I have looked everywhere, I am guessing I am just missing something? All my settings in A10-13 are the same. Thanks for any help.

It seems they left out a step. You press on #1 and that will bring up the post processing page:

But you need to load the post processor from Langmuir to finish the post.

https://www.langmuirsystems.com/downloads

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply. I have downloaded it. And loaded it into the post. But still no #2 on your picture. This is what I’m looking at.

It should be at the very bottom of that page. You need to try to move that form/window up.
Click on this button, if it is not showing:

It might work too click on that form and then use the roller ball (middle button) up or down.

3 Likes

Are you saying you don’t know where to click to open the Post Processing tab?

If so, it is in the Actions dropdown.

I can’t get to that part yet, I’m still setting up making the g code? Setting my parameters. I re downloaded fireshare and still no button when I go to create the g code.

Do you mean fire control? If so fire control only controls the table. G codes are created in f360 or sheet cam.

Thanks for all the help, re downloading fusion 360, building my tool library, designing the part again, and the button is magically there now? Thanks again for all the replies!

1 Like

Come on…tell us the truth: Your “Big Gulp” cup was covering that portion of the screen, Right?! :rofl:

Yep. Sometimes there are glitches that just make you crazy! Glad you got it figured out.

2 Likes

I wish, it drove me crazy. I figured since I’m not the most tech savvy it was on me, but maybe somewhere I messed up, either it be downloading any file, or making the tool profile. I figured I’d just follow the Langmuir videos as they showed it, and it was there. Thanks again!

Off topic, chelanjim, are you in chelan county Washington?

We vacation there, frequently during the warmer months. We have a small place on the Columbia river in Douglas County. It is about 15 minute drive from Lake Chelan.

I see you are in Granite Falls, WA. That is close to where we have lived back in the 80’s: Sedro-Woolley. Now isn’t that a name?!

2 Likes

Sedro Woolley isn’t the same small town it was 10 years ago, let alone 40 years ago! We have a small off grid cabin up McNeil canyon road! When I get burnt out on this side of the mountains (pre retirement hopefully) the plan is to transfer over to chelan county PUD, and spend my last working years with them and retire…

1 Like

In 1981, let me describe how that small town appeared to me:
My wife and I just moved from Oklahoma. She recently graduated from Physical Therapy program from the University of Oklahoma Medical School. Bendix had just laid off hundreds of employees and the logging industry was shut down or diminished: Meaning there were lots of unemployed people grabbing what ever jobs were available. No work for me.

The part that was initially very eerie was we parked downtown (about 3 city blocks in total.) When we got out of the car, people on both sides of the street and what seemed, the entire town, stopped what they were doing and just turned and watched us. I felt like I was in an show like “Twilight Zone” or “Twin Peaks.” (Even though that show would not be produced for over a decade later.) By the second week, if we parked in the same area, people stopped for just a moment and glanced, smiled and waved. They immediately went back to what they were doing. We had been accepted as part of the town. In the end, it was kind of quaint.

We left the area just before that big mud slide that killed the farmer and his herd of hundreds of cattle near Lyman-Hamilton area.

1 Like