Hypertherm Powermax 45XP with CNC Port/Machine Torch Compatibiity

Yep. And the one you’re using is the right one.

I see he’s gotten it sorted out in his other post so that’s good news.

2 Likes

Yes sir, thank you for supplying the modded post code, I looked and saw how you handled it so now I have another tool in my toolbox.

Thank you again.

Any Idea what awg that wire is? I’ve been trying to get the connect pushed through and 18awg automotive wire just won’t push through.

18 sounds about right, but it is GM, so likely closer to 20-22awg.

1 Like

Hey can you show me how this looks connected to the original black and red wires from Langmuir’s cable?

If you are referring to the torch firing wires, green and black, it doesn’t matter which wire goes to which color on the Langmuir torch fire cable. All it is is closing a circuit. If you are referring to the voltage divider card, those are also red and black coming from the Langmuir cable, but the red goes to the black and the black goes to the white of the CPC. I hope this makes sense. It has to do with the fact that torch is negative on a plasma and work clamp is positive…

I think I got it right. I cut the end off the wire from Langmuir and spliced it to the black and greens from the machine interface cable I ordered so that they match with ports 3 and 4. Is that right? And is that all I need to do?

1 Like

Sounds like you got it!

image The torch is not firing from the Mach 3 programming. I think something has to be wrong. Do I have to make any changes other than just these wires?

Ill let you know all the details as soon as i receive my batch one table.

I don’t have a white cable on my machine interface cable

That picture isn’t clear as to what you are doing.

Step back a minute and tell us the follow:

• What Langmuir table do you have, Crossfire or Crossfire Pro?
  • If you have the Pro do you have the THC option?
  • Tell us what the (or better yet show us with pictures) where each end of those wires go to/come from.

Thanks for offering to help. This Josh said get the machine interface cable- looks like I got the one without the voltage divider. I have the regular Langmuir table- the original. image image On my plug, green goes to 3, black goes to 4 and then I have two blacks that each go to 11 and 14 and a red that goes to 12. On the other side of the wire I have black and green coming out together and red and black coming out together. The bigger black one in 13 doesnt come out. Just looking to know which 2 go to the lead that goes to the Langmuir machine

Ok, just FYI you do not need to worry about the voltage divider (at least at this point) with the original Crossfire. As it does not currently support THC (Torch Height Control), so you have nothing to wire the voltage divider on the XP45 to. So forget about that for now.

The green and black that come out as a pair go to pins 3,4 as you noted. It’s those two that need to go to the wire from Langmuir.

If you have the hand torch you will need to follow the instructions above to disable the safety by moving some pins (read thread from begining).

Did you come to a conclusion?

Do I need to use a relay to fire torch or can I connect the wires from the breakout board to the CPC port?

Man is there any way we could talk on the phone for just a few minutes about hypertherm hand torch work around? Im pretty sure i understand what the post read but id really feel better in a 1on 1 convo b4 i tear into my new machine. Im not sure how to direct message u to give u my phone number any help would be greatly appreciated

Left mouse click on his name in one of his posts. Then you’ll see a pop-up that has a red Message button over on the right side of the screen.

To clarify.

I have the crossfire pro, hypertherm 45xp with CPC plug and a 15* hand torch.

If I do the torch #6 to #8 wire swap, zip tie the trigger and use the new “Hypertherm CPC Cable for CrossFire CNC Machines”

DO i have to do anything else?

The “Hypertherm CPC Cable for CrossFire CNC Machines” requires CPC port and Machine torch. (I figuire the 6 to 8 wire mod will make it think it is a machine torch)

Thanks in advance.

Yessir, that’s it.