Hypertherm powermax 45

I set up my powermax 45 using the langmuir systems method. I opened my torch to identify what color my trigger wires were.(Orange / Purple)

Second I opened my torch lead cable connector to identify the correct pins. I then marked the outside of the connector.

Third, I identified the correct pins within the connector housing. Make note the wires were the same color within the housing on my machine. Marking the cable connector helped to identify the correct pins.

Forth step was to connect the splice connectors to the correct wires within the housing of the plasm cutter.(orange / Purple) I did peel back a bit of the wire wrap to access more of the wire.

Fifth step is to check for continuity. I hooked up the langmuir supplied cable to the splice connectors. I tested with a multi meter to ensure I had the right wires. I placed the multi meter leads on the end of the connector (one on the inside, one on the outside) and pressed the trigger.

Lastly, I routed the cable to the back of the plasma cutter housing. Hypertherm did an excellent job of sealing this machine. I had to drill a hole in my housing to run the wire through.

I taped the hole to reduce dust and debris as much as possible. Its not the prettiest solution but it worked. I do plan on attaching a quick disconnect sometime in the future.

81f8fe6ef03898f18bd62672cb334340ed1df7d8_1_666x500

I hope this is clear, it seemed to work for me. Originally I planed to buy a machine torch and use the hypertherm cpc port connector. That was a little too pricey. Maybe in the future if I feel the need to upgrade to a duramax torch ill go that route.

2 Likes