Hypertherm Powermax 45 XP Internal Wiring

I have a Hypertherm powermax 45xp with a machine torch, which has been working really well with my crossfire pro, but now it keeps failing to trigger the torch when there is little time between piercings. To Mark pilot holes for small drilling, I just use a line around 1/64 inch long, but when the table goes through the process of piercing every hole, it only triggers the torch on every other hole because the time between each piercing is so short. Is that because of the post flow? How can I reduce the post flow?

I do not think this is a post flow issueā€¦I think I remember hearing something that Hyperthermā€™s need longer pierce delaysā€¦I might be wrongā€¦it has happenedā€¦ask the guys here and my wifeā€¦

back to the issueā€¦

is the torch going to the spotā€¦just not firing then moves to the next spot?
sounds more like a pierce delay
you may have to do a special layer for those lines by increasing the pierce delay for those spotsā€¦

did you figure this out yet? thanks

Iā€™ve got a Hypertherm 65 and it works fine but, same thing the Air goes for about 10 seconds after itā€™s done cutting. Iā€™m getting really good at sneaking something under the nozzle to disperse the air and not make a mess of the water table. Is there any way to lower this air time afterwards??

after every cut the air should run for at least 10 secondsā€¦that is post flowā€¦it cools the tip downā€¦in fcat it is best if it runs longerā€¦
if you try to shorten the time it runsā€¦you risk damaging the torchā€¦
when you finish cuttingā€¦just hit enter then move the torch head over a bit with key controls

1 Like

Yeah thatā€™s what Iā€™ve been doing. Thanks for the tip. I wondered why the long air cycle. :smiley:

Iā€™m new to all of this as this, the guy Iā€™m helping is much older so itā€™s a long learning curve but, we are getting there.

I need to make a motored diverter that pushes the air forward or backward, away from the water!! LOL.

good to seeā€¦have funā€¦let us know if there is more help needed