Hypertherm Powermax 350

Newbie here…sorry if this has already been addressed. I have looked and cannot seem to find a resolution.

CrossFire system with a Hypertherm powermax 350.

When I turn on the torch via manual or M3 gcode, the torch remains on. The relay inside the Langmuir “computer” for the torch gets stuck on. If I tap on the relay after turning it off for a few minutes, it will “unstick”. If I dont “unstick” the relay, even unplugging power to the computer, the torch will still fire once plugged in.

I know this OLD torch is not on the compatibility list, but I cant imagine it is that much different from newer plasma machines

Any idea why this is happening?

Thanks!

I’m wondering if you found anything useful on the topic of using the Hypertherm PowerMax 350 with the the crossfire system? I’m looking to order the pro and I am wondering if my PowerMax 350 will work with it. I’ve been unable to find in the hypertherm documentation whether or not it uses a high frequency start or a blowback starter.

Did you ever solve your issue?

The 350 is not a high frequency start. But unless you want to cut really thin metal 18 gauge or less its not the plasma cutter you want. The torch cable on those were really stiff this will cause trouble with the movement. Mounting the torch will also cause some trouble as their is not much mounting area on the retaining cup so you would have to make a mount for the torch handle some how.

Yes I know you already have it but you would be better off getting a newer style plasma cutter for your table.

By the way, Welcome to the forum.

2 Likes

Thanks! It’s probably time to upgrade my plasma cutter anyway so I’ll just have to budget that in.