Hypertherm Powermax 1650 G3 - Comments?

I need to get a larger plasma cutter. I found a Hypertherm Powermax 1650 G3 for sale that is doable if it is still supported (Parts and consumables).

Anybody here use or used one?

I need to do a lot of 1/2", and dipping my toes into 3/4 and 1/" for work. My Hypertherm 45xp is just not up to the task.

1 Like

Also this is one of the many older Hypertherm models that are eligible for the duramax retrofit torch kit.

https://www.hypertherm.com/Download?fileId=HYP112514&zip=False

3 Likes

Per our email conversation:
I have a 102i for hand cutting and an 82i attached to my CrossFire. The 82i cuts 5/8 A36 all day @ 60 amps. I have cut 3/4 @ 80 amps, but the duty cycle will come into play with more significant parts.
Now, the 102i has cut 1 1/2 by hand at 100 amps. I have never hit the duty cycle with it by hand. But I have tripped an 80 amp breaker on rare occasions. It will require at least a 100-amp circuit to run for long periods. It pulls 78 amps @100 amp cut setting.
They are both great machines. I have had zero problems that have not been self-inflicted.

2 Likes

Ahhhh the self-inflicted problems, I have those every so often. Not a lot, just several times a day :rofl:

2 Likes

I should have clarified,

I hate buying used sight unseen and tested, and this Hypertherm is used… old and used 800 miles away, but less than a new Everlast 102i.

I PM’d a couple members here on the 102i to see how they have done for them. I had an Everlast 50 from 2014 to 2018 and then got a Hyperthem 45xp and never looked back.

My choice would be a Hypertherm Duramax 85, or the Everlast 102 - which I suspect would have the same cutting power as the 85 - my experience shows that the Everlast is either overstated 15a or Hyperthem understates 20a

No problem my friend.

1 Like

Frustrating, the 102i is just in a class that the darn youtubers don’t play in, and the couple that I did find are cutting signs with it or 1/4" brackets.

I need to know how it does with something thick. I don’t want the duty cycle hitting after 3/4 of the way through a smallish part.