Hypertherm Powermax 1000 G3 Series

I have an older Hypertherm Powermax 1000 G3 Series plasma cutter No. 083169 (Model ?) and I purchased the THC add on. Does anyone else have this model or can tell me if I can add the THC to it and how?

Yes. See the manual.
https://www.hypertherm.com/Download?fileId=HYP104488&zip=False
First you need to determine if you have the machine interface. If you do you would probably want to buy the Hypertherm cable and connect to the 50:1 signal. If no page 3-13 provides the info you need to hook up to the 1000 raw voltage to the raw input on the THC.

What is the machine interface and how would I identify it?

The answer is on page 3-11 of the manual. You may need to open it up and see if there are wires going to the connector from a voltage divider board. If it only has 4 wires going to the connector then it will not have the 50:1. Unless you specified the board when you purchased it, it’s unlikely to have it.

Thanks. It has 5 wires in the connector. I’ll have to tear more covers off before I can see the board they go to, but at least it gives me a starting place. Thanks for the help.

I have mine working good, let me know if you need help. I did not have the machine port.

So, did you use the provided cable with the THC inserted through the strain relief, following the instructions in the operating manual?