Hypertherm Machine Interface Cable

I have the Hypertherm 45XP without the CPC port so I ordered a CPC port upgrade kit (#428653) and a mini machine torch. If I decide not to build my own control cable, which Hypertherm machine interface cable do I need with the crossfire? Machine Interface Cable without Voltage Divider Signal- (#023206) or Machine Interface Cable with Voltage Divider Signal- (#228350)?

Thanks.

Build your own. It’s shper easy and cost $25 vs $80 from hypertherm.

I bought the machine torch package and i cane with the on off pendant so i just snipped the cord off of that. Probably should of put it on eBay and made my own cable but w/e…

Even if you buy the hypertherm cable you’ll need to add a 12v dc plug to it anyway which was a pain in the was because it has wires as thick as dental floss.

Without the divider signal (023206).

1 Like

Thank you.

Since I posted this, I think I learned that the arc voltage divider output is used for feedback for arc voltage based torch height control which, obviously, we don’t have.

I think at this point I am just going to connect the torch firing cable that came with the table to the CPC port (sockets #3 and #4?..) and if at some point I need a longer cable, build one.

Thanks again for the reply.

1 Like

My CPC Port upgrade kit is coming tomorrow along with the Hypertherm torch interface cable (even though I could build my own, I am a company guy). :wink:

I cannot wait to get this hooked up. I am replacing my Hypertherm Powermax 30 Air.