HT45xp Machine torch

upon inspection of my new machine torch i came across this out of the box… i will be contacting both HT and Langmuir about this tmrw but i was wondering if anyone could fill me in on if this is a huge deal (HT manual says avoid pinching the wires it could prevent torch operation… the wire isn’t damaged just the coating ) to where i need to stop my build or if i could limp by with this one until i hear back from either LS or HT?

Thanks!

Continue on with build…

Thxs brotha! i hope I’m overthinking it and everything goes well haha just finished up roughing all the cables… would suck if i had to remove the torch

Agree with @rat196426 .
If Hypertherm agrees, perhaps something like this would be acceptable.

But I am guessing they won’t take the risk and will send you a new torch. Routing a new torch cable isn’t too bad.

2 Likes

Why did you dissemble torch to begin with?

1 Like

So i have a background in CNC Milling, Waterjet and EDM but pretty new to actual plasma itself… that being said i noticed right away while going through LS assembly steps my torch looked a little different from theirs ( models an what not are different i get it ) and i couldn’t figure out what the brass scale was on the side of mine seeing the Z mount didn’t have anywhere for that to mount to… i think it was in the area of routing your torch to fit a CNC platform in the HT manual i found the torch head disassembly steps … i now know that’s not needed but it was late and i was at it all day and a soon as i opened it… seen that… took a picture and went to bed haha. but good news is LS already has a new torch in the mail but i took your advise @rat196426 and continued the build anyway… ill be running the break-in cycle here in a bit.

again thank you both for your interest and help tho… I’m glad this forum is here!

3 Likes

No problem, if you need help or have questions don’t hesitate to reach out on this forum. There is a lot of knowledge on this forum and good group of guys willing to help.

4 Likes