How to turn off the IHS setting

i am new to the crossfire with the Razor weld 45 plasma cutter. I got everything all setup. I attempted to cut out a project that was shared on fireshare that was marked cut ready. I downloaded the project and zeroed out the x and y axis. I understand by previous posts on this forum that the IHS needs to be turned off.

Did you download a tap file or a DXF or SVG? If it wasn’t a tap (or nc) file it won’t load & run. If it was it’s not likely vto work anyway because that’s the GCode file that should be specific to a torch power & speed setup you are assured to have.

Usually plasma “cut ready” files are ready for you to load into a program like Sheetcam or Fusion to define toolpaths and generate the GCode for your material & torch setup. It’s “ready” in that someone has made sure the parts that should cut out are made of lines that all join and that there aren’t overlapping or near overlapping details that will get blown out by the torch because they’re within the cut kerf of each other.

1 Like

Wanting to clarify the additions we’ve previously made to FireShare and the new ones just published today.

‘Cut Ready’ in the FireShare context means that the file has been post processed and transformed into cuttable Gcode without needing to use SheetCam or Fusion to create toolpaths. More info here: NEW: Download and Share Cut Ready G-Code on FireShare

On download, you can override the cut settings (Feed rate, and Pierce Delay) for your specific material and cutter.

In addition, as of today, If you are downloading a Cut Ready FireControl program from FireShare and it has been post processed with IHS (contains the probe sequences at the start of each cut loop) you now have the option to download the program without this IHS sequence allowing you to run it without issue on a standard Gen2 (FireControl) CrossFire.

I’ll be making a larger post about this feature shortly.

3 Likes

nice response from a few complaints…well done guys

Well that’s a really nice feature. Most file sharing sites & even in a product’s forum are just files dumped in to look good and then need messing around with - whether it’s plasma, lasers or even old fashioned CNS routers.

This is a big deal in making plug & play available to newbies who aren’t ready yet to move into design but are looking for something nice to cut out. Or even experienced folks who look at the time it takes to create a design vs what’s potentially available that will serve the same purpose but without all the time & effort spent in creating the design and tweaking the paths.

1 Like