How to dryrun? and/or run from here

SO I was 3/4 of the way through cutting a 12 x 36 pc and I had a very big tip up (1st one) I didn’t hit the space bar until it went to pierce next pc (it would of hit badly).
I cleared the tip up and hit “run from here” well that didn’t work. So I hit reset, go x/y zero and searched for dry run nada.

( I knew it wouldn’t work since the whole line to tell it to go had already been run)

G92 X0.0 Y0.0

(SO IF i COULD OF SCROLLED BACK TO HERE AND MOVED MACHINE A LITTLE AND THEN I COULD HIT GO, AND IT WOULD “RUN FROM HERE”)

H0
G0 X1.2154 Y1.9836

G92 Z0.
G38.2 Z-5.0 F100.0
G92 Z0.0
G0 Z0.2
G38.2 Z-5.0 F10.0
G92 Z0.0
G0 Z0.02 (IHS Backlash)
G92 Z0.0
G0 Z0.118 (Pierce Height)
M3
G4 P0.2
G1 Z0.059 F3.937 (Cut Height)
H1

So I climbed up and unplugged both cables on razor weld.

Hit start and drove it around until it completed the tip up section and hit pause while rapiding, plugged back cutter back in and then hit run from here, and it went to next pocket and worked great since it had the g codes it needed.

Major pain to climb up to the cutter

Is it possible to edit and scroll through the program and run from where ever again? It was late when it happened and I didn’t notice a way to edit loaded program

How else to do this? I really don’t want to slow my rapid down, maybe a 3 second dwell command after big cuts I think will tip? Does fire control handle dwell code G04?

TIA

Do you have a torch disable on the FireControl panel? If so, you could edit the G-Code file to add an M6 code at the point where you want to restart the sequence, disable the torch and let it run (dry run) until it stops. Then turn off the Torch Disable, and hit cycle start. Should do what you want…

Bear in mind I’m a Mach 3 owner and don’t know all the FireControl behaviors, but, according to ‘spec’, this should work.

I’m not sure will have to look tonight

This is a stock picture off site

I also couldn’t find the run from here so I assumed it was the “start” button. I don’t see a torch disable on it either. I see the THC on/off

Thanks for the M6 idea I don’t think it will work tho, only because I would have to put it in front of the THC control programming and it would already be “running from there”

Perhaps the ‘enable’ control just below the STOP button?

Why can’t you put the M6 code here? I guess I’m not following where the crash occurred.

That turns the “manual torch fire button” on, so you can manually fire torch

I stopped it after it had done all the THC stuff and had already pierced but not started to cut, so to get going again it would need to do the the little THC program and then fire torch at pierce ht and continue,

If I put the M6 where you said it wouldn’t really help, since it would be right before the THC program, which is what I need, how would putting the M6 there help?

Disclaimer: I could be very confused, this is so different than what I have run for years, and I am trying to do what I know :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Well, I’m not helping so you’ll have to rely on a CF Pro person… Sorry.

1 Like

On the way home you gave me an idea, I was thinking M6 like a mill pulling up a sub program that changes tool.
BUT I can put a M00 there after the operations I think will give me tip up issues!!

What does M6 do with plasma?

Again thank you for the help :beers:

M6 is similar to M00 in that it pauses the cutting, but (with Mach 3) it allows you to jog the table and make other adjustments before proceeding. M00 would work in this case as well.

1 Like

Okay cool, I’m used to hitting any stop…feed hold. M01, M00 etc…move machine, hit hold point return (it goes back to feed hold spot on edm’s or , and then cycle start (various by machine)
Ohhhh…lawwdy…

So if it hits M6. You can jog anywhere, what do you hit for it to come back where it was? Just curious…this could be strong gooo…gooo…

You can with Mach 3, I can’t say what FireControl allows you to do…