How many folks wish they had the larger "Pro" workspace?

I’m torn between the Crossfire and Crossfire Pro, I cant say that I have specific projects in mind that would make the difference and the smaller footprint works a lot better in my shop. So my question is do you find yourself wishing you had the extra work area the Pro offers? Thanks !

Welcome to the forum.

I have the Pro and like its ability to handle material as well as it does. When you bring home of 4x8 or 4x10 sheet of metal, it is nice to be able to load it onto the table and only need to struggle with one end at a time. On the smaller table, I would think you would be more inclined to buy smaller pieces of metal or cut them elsewhere. And index cutting would be much simpler on the Pro table.

On the other hand, I know what you mean about space. I have run out and that is why I decided against getting a sand blast cabinet.

It all depends what you think your needs could possibly become in the future. Good luck with whatever choice you make.

2 Likes

We run an OG 2x2 with the XL kit. Much like @ChelanJim just mentioned, we typically buy material in 24 x 48 precuts. When larger pieces are required, we have access to a local shops 5 x 10 table.

While it is nice to have a smaller table to prevent shop jumble, I think I would prefer the larger table.

2 Likes

The ability to feed in 4 foot wide steel is way more of a plus than any lost floor space. Also you can check out my post on my crossfire pro upgrades. Definitely worth it to go with the pro.

2 Likes