How do you use a program from fire share

Please help I’m new to the cnc world I have never used one and just got my cross fire assembled and I think im ready to start cutting I have watched all the tutorial videos for the set up and break in and maybe im jumping the gun and missed one but I can not cut any of the patterns from fireshare can someone please help and give me a step by step instructions or maybe a video I have been at this all day and it is driving me crazy. Thanks in advance.

Did you watch the ones for Fusion & Mach 3?

http://www.langmuirsystems.com/tutorials

I watched all the Mach 3 and the only one I watched from fusion was the installation of fusion 360. Do I need to use both of them to cut something from the fireshare files. like I said I’m new to this. its a learning curve.

Yep. You use Fusion 360 to get the project in shape for Mach 3.

The files are in DXF format. You create a project in Fusion, insert the DXF, size it the way you want and then create the toolpaths. Toolpaths are the way you tell Fusion what order and how you want the different lines cut. Once you are finished with the toolpaths, you generate the G-Code which is what Mach 3 uses to control the torch and actually cut out the part.

The link I posted above is the series they created on how to take a design from start to firing. You can skip a few so you can get something cut, but you will want to check them out later.

If you want the shortcut series try these:

• Design - #1 & #2
  • CAD - #1 thru #5 (you can skip #6 Nesting for now)
  • Cut - #5 (assuming you’ve already done the setup stuff)
1 Like

Okay I will give it try thank you your help is very appreciated.