How do i go back to prior version of sheetcam?

I have been putting off the most recent update due to orders needing to go out.
today i had a maintenance day, and tried to update it. computer first told me the update failed because prior version was running. got that sorted out, and got table set up to run a peice that needs to go out end of this week.
I ran the SVG through sheet cam (that has run fine several times before) and was creating a new tap file to run it with a tool set for thicker metal. Loaded the new tap file into fire control, and the THC or z axis control keeps randomly messing up. I can watch the torch dive down into the workpeice and actually drag 1/8 steel plate across the bed, then a few inches later the torch will climb up above the workpiece causing partial cuts, or the arc to go out. Tried this new file several times, with the same results. double and triple checked the tool settings in sheetcam and everything looks to be correct.

at this point, i loaded a couple older tap files and ran them in fire control, and the THC and z axis ran fine with no issues. I tried to make two more new tap files in sheet cam, and they wont run correctly.

I don’t know how the new update has affected the z axis, But i have been running my table every day that i am not selling. I sell an average of 20-25 art pieces a weekend, and take orders for between 6-10 custom signs a week. the table up until today has been working great.

I have done 6 hrs of troubleshooting at this point, and whether it makes sense or not, everything seems to point back to the update. I just need to get back to work.

how do I go back to the previous version of sheetcam?

@LesNewell
I have copied Les on this thread…hopefully he drops by soon…he is the developer of Sheetcam…he can solve this

Langmuir looked at the file i was trying to cut and says it looks ok, and that they think the update was a coincidence. So I am back to troubleshooting the table later tonight. But thanks for sending it to him.

Still awfully strange that a tap file made before the update seems to run fine. Making another nesting in sheetcam to try again tonight after I triple check all the wiring again.

Sorry, for some reasons notifications for this group were getting sent to my spam bin. @Wingnut180 did you find the problem? If not, send me a working g-code file and one that doesn’t work.

@Wingnut180 Plz let me know if you figure this out, im having the same issue, put off sheetcam update forever seems like, much like you took a day for maintenance so figured be a good time to do updates and such as well. have you tried with THC off? and done the THC test?

I don’t know what the problem was, but everything is working again. I can send a copy of the two files when I get back to my laptop, and would be happy to let you look at them, but I don’t think the problem ended up being with the sheetcam.

Happy its all working again and I was able to get my orders out on time, but I sure wish I had found out what it was for next time.

I wish I knew what was going on, after 24 hrs of pulling my hair out it just decided to start working again.

Wish I knew what was wrong for the next time. Last things I did was play with all the wiring connections, purge my airlines to make sure i had dry air, triple checked my work clamp, rebooted my computer for the third time, went over all my tool settings in sheecam again, and set up a video camera of the screen so I could let langmuir look and help out. Turned out that sheetcam was probably not the problem. Everything listed here I tried more than twice except the video camera… Maybe taking a video fixed it. Smdh.

Wish I could help more. Langmuir was watching this thread, maybe you should post a video of it crashing. Those guys are fantastic at helping find the problems.

Maybe I should take a video and see if it fixes it haha, im completely lost at this point ive done everything I know to do and that I have researched, what gets me is I used it all week. fire it up on sat and have this issue, my live volt test ranges from around 1.7-2.4v

I am down again.
I know its not sheetcam, made 5 successful runs all nested with the update before she quit in the middle of a run again. It appears to be live voltage issues but idk.

I have a different thread on this in the crossfire pro forum.