How do I connect my torch fire cable to my Razor weld 45?

How do I connect my torch fire cable to my Razor weld 45 ?

The trigger wires on mine were the top two on the fitting entering the cutter.

To take apart the case so you can get to the wires you’ll need to remove the screws along the bottom of the cutter. You’ll also need to remove the handle - to do so there are 2 screws on the ends of the handles. The last screws are the ones on the top of the front & back panels in the center.

Remove the handle by pushing the front & back plastic molding pieces apart. Then you’ll be able to take the handle off. Once the handle is off, you can pop the housing off. You’ll see the wires behind the front panel. Easy to get at in the lower right corner of the machine. Pretty easy to tap into the wires using the taps Langmuir supplied. I ran the Crossfire connector through the slatted front so it’s not pinched by the side cover.

Putting it back together is a bit more tricky. If you look at the other side of the unit there’s a large circuit board. There’s a slot fitting on the front molding piece that if you pushed it apart too far may be off the edge of the circuit board. You need to line up the front piece with the board in the slot. Otherwise it’s all a matter of reversing the disassembly.

2 Likes

Thanks @jamesdhatch Jim I was actually able to finally find the directions on the website, and installed torch fire connections exactly as you did. It seems like this is going to be a great community of people/users/knowledge in this forum. Do you work for langmuire?

Nah :slight_smile:

I’m one of those “try everything” guys. My wife says my toy budget is bigger than some small countries but I think she exaggerates :wink:

I’ve been doing laser & CNC for a few years now. I teach CNC operations (both laser & Shopbot) for the local Makerspace and take care of the machines for them too. I picked up the Crossfire after thinking about a Wazer Waterjet but decided against the Wazer due to the consumables (the garnet media needs to be bought by the barrel if you’re doing anything serious with it). I saw the Crossfire and jumped aboard.

One of my sons spent a few years as an art-welder doing commercial welding as well as commissions for a couple of local galleries. He was really encouraging me to get it - his shop couldn’t afford a large-scale commercial plasma CNC table when he was welding. He said it was a super deal.

But what you’ll find is that design is where you spend most of your time. The software side I’ve got covered. Design software is the same for all of the CNC work I do so I can do a design for the laser and cut it there or the Shopbot or the Crossfire - I can just scale it up to fit the larger table (my lasers have a 24x18 max).

2 Likes

James Hatch is the best employee we have :joy: Kidding aside, he is incredibly helpful to our community members and we appreciate his contributions here immensely.

4 Likes

That is amazing Sir. Well I am very new to this adventure myself and I am trying to absorb and wrap my head around as much information as possible. Thanks so much for the torch info, I am now 100% assembled as far as my torch and table go and I am fully licensed on mach 3, but I am however still not able to neither manually jog or through the program run my motors. Still waiting on support team for a solution, which will leave me more time to work on designs. Probably doesn’t help that its the weekend as well. Thanks again for all you do to help others in these communities.

Did you install the Mach 3 files Langmuir has on their download page?

http://www.langmuirsystems.com/downloads

1 Like

Thanks Jim, sometimes it pays to go back and double check things. I had the motion controller plugin in the wrong file somehow. v:rofl:

she is running thhrough the start up program as I am typeing this to you:grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:image

1 Like

Yay!

Run the break-in program a couple of times & you’ll be on your way!

1 Like

just finished the first cycle and going to run it again now. thanks again for the

@langmuir-daniel. You need to do something special for @jamesdhatch. He helps everyone all the time. Maybe send him a free ss water table for the holidays.

2 Likes