How come I cant cut the whole part?

I dusted off my Legacy machine and had to relearn a lot, my old computer that I had dialed in blew up so I essentially started from scratch. On this simple bracket the fusion 360 simulator cuts the entire part but on the table there is roughly 3/8" uncut. Its like this on all the parts (a few different drawings) I’m cutting. I used to have this thing dialed in, its gotta be something simple, what am I forgetting? Im using the old school 2x2 table with Fusion 360 and Mach 3.

Edit: It does something funny when it starts, I cant pinpoint it its really fast, like the lead in is wrong, or the angle, idk.

can you post your f3d ?

is that at the start or end of the cut
? looks like at the start.

post your most current f3d file from Fusion 360 please.

here is a great topic on how to make and post a f3d file from fusion 360

Its the start.
Help me out dude I’m rusty. Whats the f3d again?
Thank you

Ah hell you already explained it, sorry ADHD . Ok Ill get it, its on my other computer so it will be later.

1 Like

if that is the start of your cut not getting cut then yopur pierce delay is way to long…and so is most likely your plunge rate…
bring plunge rate to 100ipm
and bring pierce delay to around .5 second to start.

2 Likes

Makes sense. Historically I used 1.4 seconds it worked well at one time in the universe. I’m going to change it, bet thats it.
Thank you

1 Like

It wasnt the pierce delay, I set it down to 1s and it was too short and didn’t fix the issue, back to 1.2 and its working well, I decreased the lead in distance and set the radius to half of that, and its cutting my part entirely. Something is still not really quite right but its cutting the parts correctly and satisfying my immediate gratification of continuing with my project.

1 Like