Hooking up CPC cable for Hypertherm 45xp

Also looking at pic. To me it looks like the lead ins are on wrong side of the cut

1 Like

Try a shorter pierce delay and see what works. My Everlast works fine with a .2 sec pierce delay.

Make sure you change your plunge rate in Sheetcam. The default setting is something like 3.9 IPM, which is way too slow.

1 Like

Book calls for 0.1s Pierce. So I’m set at
0.5s . I think you’re right about editing the gcode. I’m not sure where . I’ll look at the g code and see if I can figure out where to add the 0.4 s

In sheet cam set pierce delay .5,
post your file to create gcode should set all pierces times to .5. then you need to open the cut file with a text editor, I use notepad. Change the first G4 line to P0.1 as the first pierce does not have a delay.

2 Likes

I went back and changed the first g4 to p0.1 also changed from inside NO offset to outside offset . It looks like it should work , I try again tomorrow
Thanks For you help !

Problem solved . Lead in was wrong.

Can I see how to add that g code.

Open posted file in notepad,. Change first g4 line to book pierce delay and save

Running some stainless steel with that g code @madman ?

20 ga wind spinners. If I rember correctly this program was a test to work on pierce delays

1 Like

Those are pretty cool.
That’s silhouette came out awesome

Silhouette came out good , but the rings need some work. next one I widen The rings alittle. To create a little less heat.

Thank you for that information that was a world of help I was unable to completely understand what was going on with the cables because I don’t know anything about plasma tables I’ve been a welder and cutting for years I wish they would clear up the information on how to hook these up when you have the direct connect