Hobart (and others) adding a simple connector plug for the crossfire switch

Yes the brown and black . Maybe first plasma was just bad . I never tried to cut anything with it just hooked up and tried to fire it

1 Like

I had a hard time finding 5mm plugs for sale outside of the UK so I replaced the entire system provided.

I purchased 5.5mm x 2.5mm sealed dc power female panel mounts (2) with waterproof covers, and (1) male 2m adapter cable, (1) male solder end. Waterproof and screws in securely.

Parts are Switchcraft:
JCAP
L712AS
761KS17
CA761KS07984

Nice! The good thing about that setup is that you are also drilling 2 small holes instead of 1 large and 4 small ones.

1 Like

Hello Chris my name is Ricky I was wondering if you can help me with wiring the Hobart Airforce 27i Which wires do I splice into what colors are they are even a diagram any help would be appreciated thank you

I have not pulled the cover off of mine yet. Still struggling with the Fusion software. Once I have a better handle on the software I will pull the Hobart apart and take the next step to cutting.

Good luck!

Chris

I have a Miller 375xtreme - would you be willing to take some photos of the inside wiring job you did on that miller. Awesome job!

Iz