Hi from Louisiana

Hello,

New guy here from Louisiana, I own a machine shop with CNC machines so I am not new on that aspect, not a guru but I make do!

This will be my firs CNC plasma, I will probably be asking many questions

4 Likes

@Ironcutter welcome to the forum!

Sounds like you have some great foundational knowledge to work with! Look forward to seeing what you create!

I lived in Shreveport for a short time… Also D’Iberville MS (across the back bay from Biloxi).

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

There are folks here with just about every cutter and tons of experience with CAD and CAM software, so you’ve landed in the right place.

I’m in Southern Indiana and it gets ugly humid here, but I bet it’s worse in your area. I bring that up to say dry air is essential for CNC plasma. You probably already know that but…

5 Likes

Welcome! It is nice to have you introduce yourself and hope you enjoy your new toy…tool. I meant to say tool!

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

1 Like

Welcome my fellow louisianian. What part of the sportsmans paradise do claim as home? I live right outside of natchitoches. Hope you have better luck with your crossfire than I have.

Thank you sir, I live in Rosepine. I hope I don’t have any trouble with it. I am picking it up today actually. We will see!

If you approach building your system methodically and carefully, you shouldn’t have a problem, this is neither Rocket Science or Black magic. It’s a relatively simple tool that has relatively simple requirements. Step by step you’ll be fine.

A fork lift through the shipping container would be unlucky. Building a working system has nothing to do with luck.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum! There is a lot of great information in here, and tons who are more than eager to help you succeed! Enjoy and share what you do.

-Dan

Which part of Louisana? I’m in Gonzales…

I am in Rosepine

Good hunting up that way I hear