Hi from Costa Rica!

Hello everyone! My name is Juan and I’m from/live in Costa Rica. I’m a Mechanical Engineer getting started on CAM. I used to do 2D and 3D modeling a long time ago, about 12 years. Since then I’ve been working in automotive after-sales service in managing positions on both cars and motorcycles. A couple of weeks ago I decided to pursue my dream on designing/building assemblies for my own custom projects and perhaps turn it into a side-business. I came across Langmuir products online and that triggered me to get started. I still need to sharpen my skills on AutoCAD and Inventor, as it’s been a long while since the last time I used those tools. Also, I need to learn to use Fusion 360. Anyway, I’ll be closely following your topics and threads in this community, so bear with me if I ask silly questions! Thanks and pura vida!

2 Likes

welcome to our not so little group of great/crazy minds…

Welcome. Silly questions are allowed! Learn to use the forum search tool as a lot of the silly questions have already been answered. And, if you don’t find what you’re looking to learn, ask away! You will get plenty of help here!

you might get silly answers…and never from me…I am a very serious person…

Awesome! Thanks for the kind words! As I mentioned, I’m at an early stage. I already purchased a rather robust laptop (AMD Ryzen 7 4800H, 64 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz RAM, 512 GB high speed main SSD, GeForce GTX 1650Ti 4GB), which I think should be good enough for what I need to do. I already applied for a hobbyist Fusion 360 license, which for some reason wasn’t created right away when I downloaded the program. I guess they need some further verification since I’m outside US. Next is ordering the Crossfire Pro, which according to the website, should ship by July. Any comments on the shipping punctuality from Langmuir? Thanks again!

Kirk to Enterpise…2 to beam up…

patience my young Padawan …patience must you have for this or frustration you will seek from international shipping…

2 Likes

Welcome to this band of misfits, crazy and talented people! We’re here to assist, learn and have fun… not necessarily in that order :rofl:

1 Like