Hi from colorado

the tj cons are sellin 10 to 15 depending on condition

I know about 2% of what fusion has to offer. Just takes time to learn how to move around which is why I was asking what you planned on making. Jeep parts or jeep signs? I can do quick video to start you off. If not you can YouTube it and find lots of things.

im still trying to figure out the basics useing the cam part to convert to g code you name it. ive been hitting the youtube u lol

I just did this video below a few days ago for another user having issues and covers CAM in Fusion. If you have any question, feel free to ask. I always recommend watching Tinā€™s videos because his audio is good and explains everything he does.

Many folks say SheetCam is easier and more user friendly but I just stay in fusion myself.

2 Likes

4 years ago, I made the jump from freecad to onshape. Used onshape for 6 months then jumped to Fusion and never looked back. I use Fusion about 1-2 hours a day. Itā€™s worth learning but if you have an efficient process I can see sticking to it.

1 Like

DON THANKS but im totally lost now, its ok like i said imbarley walkin. so far im just downloading ready to cut files trying to figure out speeds and feeds. im suprised you dont have thc ā€¦ but i also thinkit adds something elce to figure out. im useing a forney 20p for now, i had it and it works kinda. i have to say there customer service is amazing. really very impressave. ive heard langmuir has very little to no support for the smaller cutters. any way so my next goal is bring in a stl or dxf and learn how to convert it to g code so it can be cut.

i was wondering if you know bob donavin? seems like ive seen you before

1 Like

I do not know him.

Sorry your lost but sure youā€™ll figure it all out in time. THC is great when itā€™s working but I donā€™t have and wouldnā€™t spend the money. Be careful where youā€™re getting those cut ready files. Many users are beginners and itā€™s just better to do your own cut path with your settings.

Iā€™m a jeep guy myself so was just trying to help you get started.

The main homepage is great resource when your just getting goingā€¦
CAD/CAM with Fusion360 | Langmuir Systems

1 Like

its all good im super gratefull for the help. ive been trying to grasp 360 theres just so much going on with it where do you start? i finally found a guy thats been helping.
the cut ready files do leave some room for improvements but like i said there just a place to start figureing out how to make everything work.
i did run without z axis and it was almost as good as with it. also there was some adjusting to it. ive figured out cut speed is huge. so im making progerss.

1 Like

I watched some Tyler Beck videos when I first started. Of course there are a lot of others, but he has some good beginner ones.

Tyler Beck of Tech & Espresso - YouTube

2 Likes

Iā€™m down by Monte Vista pretty regularly, visiting my cabin west of La Garita. Iā€™d be happy to stop in and show you how I use librecad & sheetcam. For brackets & the like librecam works well for me. For text not so much. I havenā€™t done much that had text combined with bracketry, so I havenā€™t settled on a solution.

2 Likes

man id be super grateful im at 229 adams st or just google colorado 4x4 im super easy to find. the shop line is 910-859-0918.

Cool, Iā€™ll let you know when Iā€™m going to be down again, likely a week from Friday noon-ish.

im usually around fridays i got a bad z axis driver ive been waiting on to show upā€¦ i did pay over night shipping on it but some how a week later its still not hereā€¦ gerrrrr ive heard shipping from LS can be a disaster