Herocut 55i Review?

I will be making a plasma cutting table this summer. Presently I am shopping for a blowback type torch macine so I don’t have HF messing with the CNC electronics. I am looking at a Herocut 55i on Amazon. You can see it here: https://www.amazon.com/HeroCut55i-Blowback-Non-Touch-Inverter-Severance/dp/B07XWYTTGL/ref=sr_1_8?crid=31XSE8DCZXZHQ&dchild=1&keywords=cnc%2Bplasma%2Bcutter%2Bmachine&qid=1594467811&sprefix=cnc%2Bplasma%2Bcutter%2Caps%2C258&sr=8-8&th=1

There was a discusson on this machine a few years agobut not much info of its performance or reliability. So I am hoping someone has had hands-on with this unit by now.

Thanks for any and all responses.

Randy

This machine looks exactly like the Lotos LTP5500D CNC, which I have. I haven’t had any issues with it and it works well for me. The connectors on the back make it very easy to hook up to the Crossfire and I haven’t had any noise issues.

One caveat is that I have not cut anything thicker than 1/4" so I can not attest to its ability to cut thicker material. I have posted a cut table on github and it’s referenced on this forum (Just search for LTP5500D). The cut table needs a few minor tweaks, but it’s a good starting point.

I’ll add that I’ve replaced the Lotos consumables with IPT60 consumables from @mechanic416, where you can get a range of tips from 20A to 60A.

1 Like

had mine…still have it…but it sits on a shelf…dead…less than a year old…
it worked well until one day I plugged it in and nothing…
I can not find fuses burnt.
checked the conductivity from gun right into machine…and it works
power from outlet all the way into the machine is good…

can not find anyone to reply to my emails or anyone to repair it…

I consider it a leason learned on buying a knockoff…so for now…it holds paper down on a shelf

The trouble with repairing those type units is it will cost almost as much as a new one.

I have also used it once and worked so well and hassle free.