HELP with toolpaths

Brand new to all of this, so bear with me. Here’s the steps I take. Create new sketch. Import SVG file - 20x20 fire pit. Import SVG of logo. Create text, explode text. Extrude. Go into manufacturing create setup and create cutting with a toolpath as shown. It come out missing some of the letters. I’ve tried every which way, different text, and it NEVER comes out like it should. What am I doing wrong? Here is a link to some screenshots https://photos.app.goo.gl/x9t2GB9K9wqRKfU67

Check out @TinWhisperer 's tutorials on text on signs. They’re pretty short and very clear. In my experience with various CAM tools, the kind of behavior you’re describing is generally an ‘inside/outside’ problem where you might have overlapping outsides, which inadvertently cause an ‘inside’ condition.

2 Likes

It has to do with lead-in, lead-out, and kerf width. They all have to be smaller than the space the cutter is trying to fit in.

4 Likes

I agree with @Bill_A it looks to me like you have some constraint issues. Is there a little exclamation point off to the side after the tool path is created? My guess is the lettering is to small to accommodate the kerf, lead in ect.

Yes, “Warning: One or more passes were discarded due to linking constraints.”

I’ll look into it. Thanks for the help everyone!

I got it fixed, thanks!

2 Likes

Adam, could you please explain how to create a team on the web . Fusion 360 asks me to create the team instead of allowing me to interface with the program. Could you help please?

Welcome to the Forum, MrGreenGenes! I used to watch you and the Captain on day time TV! :slightly_smiling_face:

You shouldn’t need a ‘team’ if it’s only you using it. You can set up a single account.

However, @TinWhisperer is the Fusion 360 expert and knows both team and individual setups. He’ll come around and get you going.

Hello @MrGreenGenes and welcome to the forum.

What exactly are you trying to do with fusion 360?

Are you trying to create a team between you and somebody else for collaboration?

I found this I think it’s what you’re getting at.

It’s been so long I since I set up mine I forgot it forces you to begin with.

Here’s a link to the Autodesk 360 where explains it.

Here’s a small quote from that forum post.

““Team” is just the nomenclature for F360’s data storage / management system. With a personal license, no one will have access to your team but you.”

2 Likes

Thank you for the explaination. Very helpful. I have been working on sheet metal F360. Thanks again

1 Like