Help! This Piece Keeps Popping Up And Hits My Torch

When this piece falls, my torch hits the piece and drags my entire sheet. How do I fix this?

Fingers, magnet, pliers…Possibilities are endless really

2 Likes

That’s weird. It looks like it straddles two slats. How is it falling?

I was thinking then same thing, but then the picture may have been taken after the sheet moved.

2 Likes

Change your start points or cut order so you have time to pause after the cut to clear it. Or position the plate so its straddles the slats like it is now

1 Like

https://www.harborfreight.com/15-lb-capacity-telescoping-magnetic-pickup-tool-95933.html

This is what I use when I watch the cuts and expect drop through pieces

2 Likes

Probably won’t work on aluminum…

What?
But the guy at the store said it would…I can hardly wait to try the bag of magic beans he sold me at the same time…

1 Like

Probably won’t work on Stainless Steel either. Just guessing…
Otherwise, it’s a really great idea! :smiley:

I use Sheetcam and have a pause at end of cut = 2s (all or some parts). And use a Xbox One controller mapped to keyboard shortcuts to pause fast when I see a part flip up.

1 Like

I sometimes use a couple tabs in Sheetcam to make things stay put

1 Like

Remove some slats from the water table. This will allow the cuts to fall through and not see saw.

2 Likes

dang…what a good idea!!!

…I would like to take credit for your idea…ahahahahah…

seriously…never crossed my mind to do that…good point

If you’re using SheetCam then you can move the starts to the side nearest the next cut (rather than what sheetcam does and moves it closest to the last start - which invites disaster IMO).

This way, the torch is always moving away from a tip up and you may have time to clear it or pause.

1 Like