Help setting up crossfire XR Philadelphia Area

Hello-

We purchased a crossfire XR as our first CNC machine. We are looking for someone that can come assist us in completing the build, and teach us how to use the machine to its full potential.

Whoever can assist will be paid generously, we are not looking for anything free.

Thank you for any help!

You really should take the time to do it yourself as it will help you understand things better when problem solving.
A plasma table is not like a toaster it will always take some intervention from the operator to make it work correctly.

So if you’re thinking someone can come put this together and dial it in for you and then you just flip a switch and away you go, you’re in for a rude awakening! Just saying :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Let’s call them ‘educational moments’… :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Do you think I’m some college grad or something?
I am doing the best I can with what I have to work with!

When you get it set up, I’d be happy to come show you how to run it.

As mentioned, your be better off assembling it on your own, so you know how it works. I’ve never put together an XR, so I’d be following the instructions just like you

1 Like

I’m not going to touch that one! :rofl: but I’m sure you’ve had your share of ‘educational moments’ regardless of where you got them…

3 Likes

Appreciate all the feedback-

I should have mentioned, the table is already built and put together. We are having some issues with the adjusting of the table and didn’t know if we were just doing things wrong from not having experience. I know how sensitive these things can be and didn’t want to manhandle anything. We’ve watched many many videos on YouTube, followed every single step on the website instructions, etc. and obviously it all looks so easy on there, for some reason not how it works for us. We will certainly continue learning and bettering our knowledge on this machine and CNC in general that’s why we decided to purchase one and learn hands on. I see many discussions on this forum and lots of great knowledge.

2 Likes

If you’re having mechanical issues with the table, you should call support. Cameron has helped many XR owners with getting their tables properly adjusted. XR owners have a support phone line that they can call for assistance.

If you’re having issues with actually running the table, I can come help with that. I don’t use Fusion, so I can’t be of any help with that.

3 Likes

I don’t have any personal experience with the XR but they do have phone support for XR users. (936) 235-3991 Give them a call I’m sure they would be happy to work through it with you. Im a long way from PA but feel free to reach out with non XR specific questions.

@langmuir-cameron

1 Like

I want to just comment on your positive attitude and obvious research that you have done prior to asking for help. You will definitely get the hang of it.

I run a pro table so I can’t comment on how to fine tune it exactly. I am however very good at troubleshooting other aspects and helping people with understanding the overall process.

If your phone support through Langmuir doesn’t get you on the right path and you have other questions and want to do it over the phone, if happy to help. I offered phone/Google meet consultations for a while until it became a little too time consuming with all my other side work and full time job. But I still take the occasional client. Send me a message if you’re interested.

4 Likes

thank you so much for the kind words and the reply. I would love some additional help in understanding the fine tunning and some pro tips. I will reach out direct!

What are the specific issues you are having?