Hello from Oregon

Celebrated the 3rd anniversary of my 25th birthday last year. Retired LEO. Long time car enthusiast / hobbyist. Although I received a degree in machine design, which included old school drafting and CAD, that was a “LOT” of years ago and I got side tracked so I never pursued that career. Needless to say, I’m pretty rusty at CAD but relearning. First time with CNC plasma and I’m looking forward to the arrival of my system.

5 Likes

What part of oregon you from. Im here in prineville

I actually graduated from Redmond, but I live in the Valley now

1 Like

Welcome to the group!!

Welcome to the group!

Welcome aboard

Welcome to the group.

I was born and raised in prineville, now in Redmond. :astonished:

1 Like

Sadly, I don’t like you already… because I am so jealous of that Impala in your avatar!

When I was a kid one of my Dad’s friends bought a brand new 66 or 67 Gold, black interior, SS package w/manual on the floor, dual exhaust. Even though I never had an Impala, that car started my love affair with Chevys.

Good luck with the renewed interest in design and CNC cutting.

2 Likes

Thanks. My Impala was 5 years of frame off blood sweat and $

2 Likes

Maybe if you liked him, he’d let you sniff the leather seats…

5 Likes

Welcome. I am in Washington state. Try not to get overwhelmed. I think where some get into trouble is that they already have paying jobs planned for their new hardware before the kinks are out of the system.

There are 3 systems that eventually all come together: the drawing, the coding that the machine needs and the machine (Fire control/plasma cutter/table).

But like anything that accomplishes something, there is a lot of pride. The good folks on this site are incredible and are there with you each step when you ask.

3 Likes