Having trouble with THC test, torch won't fire

Iam using the titanium cut 45 i can fire torch manually and when i short plug going into contrl box the machine fires but will not fire from program before i installed THC it was firing when i did test but get nothing now
2024-03-29T06:00:00Z

EDIT: tomws: I moved your post INSIDE the post and modified the topic so it’s easier for others to help.
Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to rhe forum. Can you hear the relay clicking inside the Langmuir controller box?
Is it plugged in correctly? Send us some pictures please.

recheck your torch fire wire connections inside plasma cutter, bad connection I soldered mine? Did you switch Torch fire plug and THC plug at ports on controller by accident?

no clicking at all

yes i checked and shorted plug to system and it fires the torgh it has to be in the control box

on mine you cant switch plugs one is 3 prong and other is 2 prong

no clicking

Email Langmuir for a new board. Open up the control box and check all the connections. It may have loose wire or is unplugged from the board. Follow the torch connection on the control box back to the board.

2 Likes

image12
That relay is what fires the torch.

i have followed wires as suggested and do not find anything loose i will go back through them to make sure

1 Like

That relay is replaceable. Make sure it’s plugged in well.

not sure if it matters but i have all green lights and the one is red

1 Like

Hopefully, one of the technical support guys will chime in on this one. I know it is frustrating.

i did check that relay and is seems to be tight in there

1 Like

very very frustrating you would think as many post as i see on here with similar issues they would come up with solution

1 Like

thank you so much iam new to this

1 Like

It’s a rare occurrence that there is a bad board. Most of these guys don’t follow directions and hook things up incorrectly. Take that with a grain of salt.

not sure if it is an issue that only iam finding but directions for installation are not easy to find and i completely understand issues with not hooking them up properly

1 Like

https://www.langmuirsystems.com/thc/guide

6: Connect Torch Firing Cable

Locate the torch firing cable that was provided with your machine and connect the blade connectors to the T-Tap connectors.

It does not matter which blade connector gets plugged into which T-tap connector. The polarity and wire coloring is not important.
Im not familiar with your plasma cutter. If it has a CNC port, the torch pins are NORMALLY pins 1 and 2.
That is not always true.

1 Like

I didn’t see it mentioned, so can you confirm that you have the torch on/off wire plugged into the torch on/off port on the electronics enclosure.

It may sound like a silly question, but a large percentage of people with this problem have plugged it into the VIM box instead of the electronics enclosure.

3 Likes