Hate this machine now, but we are working through the issues

I have had this machine for almost 2 months and still have not been able to cut anything ! You need to be an engineer just to upload a file ! They makenit sound easy on youtube bit it is a hassle and a half in reality !

Welcome to the forum.

How can we help you get started?

It’s not so bad, once you learn how to do it, but there is no easy button.

3 Likes

These are the best machines to learn on. Others require alot more knowledge. If you are on facebook there are a few groups on there for these machines. Alot of people have been in your shoes including myself. Get on these sites and ask the questions.

1 Like

It should be easy as advertised ! Now im just out like $6K

You want help or you don’t. I don’t care which.

7 Likes

We’re here to help! May I suggest reviewing our CAD, CAM, and FireControl tutorials?
When I first started with Langmuir I had extremely limited CAD experience myself and was able to get a grasp on the process just from reviewing the tutorials on our website. I would definitely give them a try!

https://www.langmuirsystems.com/software/fusion

https://www.langmuirsystems.com/firecontrol/guide

There are also a number of great YouTube channels to help you learn. One of my favorites is ran by another Langmuir Systems user!

While we don’t have the resources to provide private CAD/CAM lessons for each user, you can always reach the support team at support@langmuirsystems.com

1 Like

@alfshan Welcome to The Forum

I was also a little off put at the beginning with my pro. But after I filled in a few blanks I really enjoy using my machines.

Pretty subjective. They’re definitely is a little bit of a learning curve.

So what stage are you stuck at ? what is your hurdle ?

If you want help just let us know with what and there will be more than a number of people on here willing to help. Or depending on where you’re at there might be a member willing to come to your location and help you, it has happened several times before and worked out.

Thanks for wanting to help! just a little upset because i feel like i wasted $5K……

1.the torch tip broke in the first 5 mins
2. The THC doesnt work
3.I bought a bunch of dxf files that i cant use
4. Its stop and say it doesnt have enough slack when it does
5. The limits control switch dont work it want to keep going
6. the torch wont stay on

All i wanted to use this machine for is to cut a few metal signs for some extra cash….im not trying to become a mechanical engineer and do all kinds of design work on fusion 360……

What plasma cutter do you have?

Let’s start by getting the plasma cutter you have to cut a simple test coupon without the THC engaged. Once we’ve accomplished this we’ll move on to other issues.

2 Likes

Its the razorweld 45……its need a tip now! looking for a replacement

i would also disable the limit switches for now. some people found them harder to work with than with them on.

they were an afterthought when the tables came out. Most people have been running without them for years.

4 Likes

I believe they’re available at the langmuir store or you could get them from @mechanic416 . He has a eBay store.

What kind of compressor do you have?

What air pressure are you running to your razor weld?

What are you doing to remove moisture from the air being compressed?

2 Likes

@alfshan I’m also going to edit the title of this topic to adjust the tone of this conversation.

I understand the frustration but let’s all focus our efforts on working these issues through.

5 Likes

It might take a few more posts before you can post any pics… but pics of what is broken would be help as well as general pics of your setup including how your torch is mounted.

Also if you could post the dxfs you are attempting to cut that would be helpful.

4 Likes

@alfshan welcome to the forum! Don’t throw in the towel. The work flow is a bit confusing at first, but once you understand it, it really is pretty straight forward and there are a lot of people here who have ALL gone through that learning curve. We can get you there.

One comment you said you “bought dxf” files. Those files still have to be used to generate the G-Code that the machine needs to move and cut. You’ll need to select CAD/CAM software to do that. That explanation is going to be in one of the links Langmuir Nick posted above.

If you want something you can try cutting with very few steps, go to the FIRESHARE (see link top of page) place and get a free, simple looking file with a name that ends in .TAP or .NC. Those are ready to cut files.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum @alfshan. As many others on here have said, don’t give up just yet. I started out only knowing metalwork from the welding side. No CAD or CAM experience or any CNC experience for that matter. And with some very helpful conversations here I have turned out some fun and cool stuff. Hang in there, this board is full of some very kind folk willing to get you squared away.

2 Likes

Husky single stage 60 gal

Have not moved the regulator the plasma cutter

Just a cheap harbor freight inline moisture filter

Yes i went to fireshare and found one i thought would be easy but torch wouldnt stay on and the the not enough slack code kept popping up

Did you already get new consumables?

Where is the torch clamped? If you clamp to low it can squish down on the moving bits of the blow back start system and cause misfires.
(Que @mechanic416 's do not clamp here pic)

Again once you get some new consumables I would also recommend starting by cutting a test coupon with both the limits and THC disabled. I’ll post some code when I get to a computer.

How many CFM (or SCFM) at what pressure?

Verify the air pressure that the compressor is producing and what your plasma cutter is delivering.

Conditioning the air for your plasma to remove moisture will extent consumable life and increases cut quality. You’ll be looking into a similar setup that’s used for drying the air in automotive painting.

Did you ever pass a THC voltage test which is outlined in the startup documentation of this unit?

Have you ever tried to do a “dry run” on your machine?

2 Likes

Not a pro with plasma but I’ve had my machine for a year now. I have a lot of time working with home built cnc machines. There is a lot going on if you haven’t done this before. Not very complicated but the layers of things going on will surprise you. If this is your first cnc type machine I suggest you take the cutter out of the equation and get comfortable with moving the cutter holder around the table. Jog it around continuously and jog it around incrementally. When it is moving in the direction you expect it to, load in a file and dry run it without the cutter. If it is not moving how you expect it to, running off the table, Make sure you have the motors plugged into the proper ports. If they are, make sure you understand the importance of 0,0,0 and know how to set that.

2 Likes